Ratings for Dr. David K. Yamada

Dr. Yamada is a great as my PTP and love seeing him however, his billing and office manager are horrible. I had a bill November 2014 for my newborn son in which I never received and as proof i told them when I paid off my pregnany ($700+) bill and an accumulation of about $4000.00 delivery bills in February 2015 with my income tax why was i not notified of this bill as I would have paid it obviously since i had that amount of money paid at that time. billing dpt came up with a bogus 5 month billing cycle rule and sent me to collections in September 2015 when I had made payment over phone and online and nobody brought it to my attention I was going to be sent to collections if I did not get set up on a payment plan. Mind you, I had accumulated more bills in April 2015 due to my sons hospitalization due to a heart condition and yet I seem to be current on those. office manager continues to dodge my calls and they will not let me speak to dr. yamada over phone. I am beyond angry that they do not look at my track record of payments and strange enough seem to be collection happy when they only get about 30% when bills are sent to collection agencies. be careful, you might get sent to collections for a bill you never received or have been making payment on.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

the office staff is absolutely the worst ever they have no sense of urgency they dont call you back they simply dont care also you wait for 30+minutes to be seen just for the doctor to see you just for them to cut the visit short because theyre behind

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

If you are looking for a dedicated family physician Dr. Yamada is it. He is great with kids, very patient, kind and knowledgable. I have been very impressed, twice my girls have been in the emergency room and once he is notified he shows up. He even did a follow up call at 2:00am. That to me is a true FAMILY doctor. Great at follow up, if he tells me he will call me that evening he does. If he tells me he will call the specialist on something he does. With the busy lives we live, it is nice to have the care and attention we need when it comes to medical needs. My girls are little so I unfortunatly see Dr. Yamada too much! If its not the flu its and ear infection or something else. Appointments are easy to get. Sue and the other girls are always very pleasant and courtious. Thank you Dr. Yamada for being such a great family Doctor!! And thank you for you dedication to my girls Isabella and Itzaly!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2013

The office staff is HORRIBLE minus the blond who is wonderful. They fail to call and remind you of your appointment and they are rude when you call. One time they told us one time for an appointment and scheduled it for another time. I recommend this doctor, but NOT this office.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2011

Great doctor, been going to him for 23 years. He has always given my family and I a great experience.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Dr Yamada is one of the great doctors out there. He will listen and spend the needed time with you. You never feel rushed as many doctors may you feel. He is great! I have seen him for about 20 years

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

My husband and I have seen Dr. Yamada for over 10 years...he has always been genuine, knowledgeable, patient, caring, always working with integrity. The office staff is great, and the other doctors are wonderful, too! My 3 children (2 whom Yamada delivered) love him too!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Trust him all the way. He knows medicine and doesn't mind spending time with you.I really appreciate him as my physician. He's why I drive to Simi Valley from Newbury Park!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2008

Dr. Yamada is wonderfully kind and has changed my husband from one who hated doctors to one who loves and appreciates his! We don't mind waiting when necessary because we know it is only due to the care and time Dr. Yamada gives his patients when they need it. He knows his patients and truly cares about us. We appreciate his care and know why he and his partners are so highly regarded by patients, nurses and others.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008

Dr. David K. Yamada's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)