Ratings for Dr. Elaine Stone

I was referred to Dr Stone after being rushed to the ER in near thyroid storm. She was over an hour late for my initial appointment actually delaying other tests which needed to be done at the hospital. She was extremely dismissive to both my questions and previous health diagnoses and did not explain things in terms that anyone outside the healthcare community would understand. Had to argue with her to switch my meds after the first drug made me extremely ill. The third time I saw her was at her office and after seeing me waiting said “who are you and why are you here?” Had no record of my appointment despite telling me to come at that time a month earlier. After finally switching dr’s was told I was on a dose of medication that wasn’t 6-8x higher than anyone at that hospital with prescribe. No assistant and does not communicate by phone. It’s extremely frustrating trying to work with Dr stone and for me became too much. Stay away at all costs.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I have been diabetic on insulin for over twenty-five years. Dr. Stone is my endocrinologist and I am glad. As a medical professional, Dr. Stone makes sense. She listens to her patients and makes appropriate recommendations when indicated.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I have been seeing dr stone for my diabetes for a few years now . Very knowledgable however she needs to hire a secretary and also she needs an answering machine for patients. This is 2015 she only accepts a fax .... Really!!! It's called a receptionist or email or voicemail. How greedy can someone be. She registers patients etc she is never on time. Wish there was another younger Doctor on the ball... Unfortunately I have no choice.make sure you have lots of patience and extra time because you will need both of them!!! A

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

She is the best doctor and the best human being!!! She looked after me when I had diabetece while pregnant. Was there the whole time I was delivering my baby. No words will ever thank her enough. Thanks to her I have fabulous and healthy son!!!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

I have been her patient since around 1884 and have never missed an appointment....and then just 2 years ago my husband started to go also for some medical problems.... this summer we were delayed on our trip outside the country and have faxed her 2 times and she seems to have terminated us for no reason. It really saddens me because she was always one of my favourite doctors. But my neighbour who I recommended to her also goes and she faxed her 2 days after us and got a call from her and saw her the next day. I'm really sorry she turned out to be like that.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

I found my waiting time was very minimal. Sure she has no receptionist but that never effected me. Knowledgable-yes compationate, who cares she is there to look after your health and she does. I find her quite funny at times not cold. I recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Not a nice person at all, I think she's more into her self then her patients. Would not recommend her to any one. Too long of a wait.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Very long wait times but when you see her she takes the time to go over everything...maybe that's why she's always behind, she spends a lot of time talking to you and listening to your health issues.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Stone is a very good Dr. but like most of the comments I have to agree. She has no staff to take calls and book appointments and that is very frustrating. When you are at her office location you are waiting for hours before being seen. She does take time with me, but most of the time I feel it is like a cattle farm: in and out. She is knowledgeable in her field, but getting to her not a good thing. You can't leave a message, so what's up with that? Not everyone has access to a fax machine, and not everyone is close to their Dr.'s office to help them out with faxes. Everyone needs see a Dr. if we did not then we would treat ourselves. Come on. Be there for us and stop the distance building between those that need your help and you as a Dr. Either you are going to be there to help those in need or get out of the profession although you are a knowledgable Dr.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr Stone saved my life. Never thought I would need an endocrinologist but I am glad I went to the hospital and found her when I was sick. I am feeling a lot better now. A lot of my strange symptoms went away after she treated me! She is very knowledgeable and knows her stuff. She listens to you and reassures you and takes in what you say. She doesn't rush you. I found her down to earth. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011