Ratings for Dr. Mohamed Sabir

Managed to proceed with a laprascopy when it likely should have been a full surgery. This man, this physician? Highly skilled.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

The receptionist always called back and was pleasant with questions and inquiries. Dr. Sabir was most pleasant and helpful. He never rushed and took time to explain my reasons for visiting. I felt very comfortable talking to him.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

This doctor is absolutely amazing. My fiancé was literally near death, sick with a fever for almost a month, lost 50 pounds and couldn't eat at all. We found Dr. Sabir and within one week he had booked my fiancé for a colonoscopy which his own dr had made him wait 4 months for. My fiancé has severe crohns and Sabir put him on the proper meds. He has since been healthy, gained all his weight back. Dr.Sabir is a very caring and humble man, treats patients how they treat him. I personally have had two surgeries by him and had zero problems also. Great bedside manner. Yes you have to wait to see him but the wait is worth it.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I went to Dr Sabir for a coloscopy. I am in very good health and was shocked at the results of the test. When I arrived for the results, I was told within 1 min. I had colorectal cancer & would need chemo, radiation & surgery with a bowel bag for the rest of my life after surgery. I nearly fainted. After many tests, chemo & radiation for 6 weeks & surgery with another doctor I was told I did "not" have cancer at all. Meanwhile it took 9 weeks in the hospital & 2 surgeries. I still have problems post-surgery to this day. I will never go back to Dr Sabir or recommend him to anyone. I thought after his diagnosis I was going to die. He should never have been so quick to diagnose & assume it was cancer.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

Very help and kind surgeon, listens and care for you.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

First of all, Dawn is fantastic, but overworked. Second, I have come to accept a 45 minute wait whenever I have an appointment, however, I know that if I need more time to have questions or concerns addressed, I'll get it. I accept that I am waiting because Dr. Sabir is taking time to address other peoples concerns, who could possibly complain about a dedicated Doctor? Finally, I have had 2 surgeries for different matters, and have been very happy with the entire experience. I'd recommend him without hesitation! As a side-note, I can't see Dr. Sabir snapping at a patient unless he was pushed to an extreme - just my opinion.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

Dr. Sabir is very thorough and cautious at treating ailments. I was hospitalized 3 times due to another surgery with a seperate specialist that caused continued illness. His determination and diligence to correct the problem is remarkable. Straight to the point. "If its broken lets fix it attitude" I'm 37 yrs old so really appreciate correcting the problem while I'm young enough to recover and regain a normal level of health. I can't say enough nice things about this doctor. Very impressed. His wait times are long due to the fact that he sees patients after surgery and often, lets face it, Not all surgeries go as planned due to many things beyond a doctor's control. I would definately recommend him to my family and friends. And I am very picky about GREAT healthcare.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

I sat in the waiting room for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until my right leg cramped up. I was just ready to leave without seeing the man when the nurse called me in. The man is way overbooked, overworked and is starting to show it in his mannerism. I would go somewhere else if I could. I am on a list for a colonoscopy and wonder if I will ever get it.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

My husband has colitis and was in the hospital for 1 week, with nothing getting better. He was having severe pain in his lower back. Dr. Sabir said, and I am quoting him, "You will be on this medication for the rest of your life. You will just have to learn to live with it." The medication 'was' Asacol. As it turned out, after another 2 weeks in the U of A hospital, we left the Fort hospital and went straight to the U of A, he had a kidney infection (explaining the lower back pain) which was caused from the Asacol. He immediately went off these pills. He has since been seeing Homeopathic doctors and takes nothing but natural supplements. (such as multi-vitamin, fibre, etc.) We DO NOT recommend this doctor at all. If a person has colitis or chrones...go straight to the professionals who specialize in the matter, at the U of A. DO NOT trust in this General Surgeon!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

A very sweet man. Perhaps he was having an extremely bad day when he yelled at you? I can't even imagine him raising his voice but we all have bad days. Anyway he is one of my favorite doctors - listens, cares, knows what he is talking about.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2007