Ratings for Dr. Neil M. Berkowitz

Fantastic doctor. I've always appreciated that he will take the time to explain to me what he's doing and why it matters, and focus on the evidence regarding the issue. If I wanted a doctor who'd whisper platitudes in my ear, I'd go to a whatever quack was the cheapest. This doctor is absolutely someone that I trust.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

The staff was very unfriendly. The doctor really did not focus the issue at hand. Like the person stated he only focuses on lab results. Thinks he knows more then he does. I was just not impressed and even more then that I was not happy when I left. A doctor should make you feel comfortable, at ease, like he cares and wants to make a difference but this one did not. He is very close to my home so I would have worked with him even if there were issues. He just had way to many. Glad to see it wasnt just me.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

does NOT accept insurance of any kind, patient must pay in full then file insurance claim on their own; easy to get appointment; very knowledgeable and communicates well, but has a tendency to focus on lab results more than patient's description of a problem (that is, tends to brush off complaints if something hurts or doesn't feel right unless it can be seen on a lab test)

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Neil M. Berkowitz's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1978)

• BCBS Massachusetts