Ratings for Dr. Steven B. Kao

What a frustrating experience. Dr. Kao is rude and impatient. He spent less than 3 minutes in the room. He didn't want to awnser questions about test results. He interrupted and darted out of the room, without even doing an exam.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I would like that Dr. Kao just had a bad day, but I truly have never had such an awful doctor's visit. He was condescending, impatient, rude, and had absolutely no compassion. Since I'm a healthy person and only go in for an annual check up, I had a couple things that I wanted to discuss. He told me that he didn't have time to discuss more than one thing and that I needed to make separate appointments to discuss them. I have skin cancer in my family and have several suspicious moles, so I was asking if he'd refer me to the dermatologist for screening. He told me that he could not send everyone who wanted a screening to dermatology. He was huffy and irritated and acted like I was imposing on him. At one point, he was trying to do something on the computer and told me not to talk to him so he could concentrate. We sat in silence for 5 minutes. When he left, I thought he was coming back to give me a vaccination, but the nurse did. That's when I realized the appt was over. No goodbye. :(

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Kao is one of the most caring doctors I have ever had. He is a great listener and has fantastic follow-through. He has been my advocate throughout a cancer diagnosis, scheduling the earliest tests, consulting with other doctors to ensure my best care, and even calling me at home to check up on me (non-intrusive, just ensuring that I was being taken care of by other specialist and hanging in there as I was dealing with a difficult diagnosis). I would highly recommend Dr. Kao to patients of all ages.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Steven B. Kao's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal