Dr. Hussain Rahal
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(202)

"I had an FUE procedure done in 2018. I did 2000 grafts which resulted in 4000 hairs to ..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Betty Chan

Dr. Chan made an impact. I went for laser hair removal 2 years ago and 90% of my hair has not grown back. those that have grown back I shave and it takes a month to grow back! I went to other laser hair removal places and they tried to sell me things that wouldn't even work on me. I have fair skin and dark hair so most of the laser treatments out there are not the best for me. If I ever need other types of treatments I will definitely use her and her team. the difference is that she is a doctor and not some "spa" place with unqualified people who have no medical background. yes, she may offer more expensive options but so do other places and those other places don't provide excellent results. at least dr. chan provides treatments that work! she is a doctor so she wants to cure us lol. she is always smiling and will talk to you like an equal and not condescendingly. as they say, you get what you pay for but the difference is that she is good at what she does.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

My family doctor referred me to Dr Chan, she has sent her a number of patients for laser treatment. In my case, I had some red blotches after acne. Dr Chan was very informative and polite, she did not try and "sell" me at all, just explained what the marks were, and what she could do. I thought about it and called back several weeks later. I did several laser sessions and had remarkable results, with excellent clearing of the marks, and much improved skin. I had a couple of smallish scars from previous marks, and she treaed these with a pretty good result, and she did not charge me at all for this!!! She has given me excellent advice on skin care, and some samples of products that are excellent, that she then prescribed for me. Very skilled and pleasant doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

A single laser hair removal session made a huge difference for me - I was able to go from shaving my face (I'm a female) daily to about twice a week! During our initial conversation, prior to the procedure, Dr. Chan discussed the various reasons that could be contributing to my problem. I appreciated this, as I generally prefer to address the underlying causes, rather than simply treat the sympton. She was realistic about what I can expect. What else - the office is clean, the staff is professional and friendly. I went back for another session, and will go back again, absolutely.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010

Dr. Chan is very nice and helpful and explains things to me in a way I can understand. She is not condescending at all. I went to Dr. Chan for a series of laser hair removal appointments (approx $180 each). The results are amazing. She did not try to upsell me at all. The atmosphere at the clinic is relaxing and the staff are very nice. If I decide to have any other types of cosmetic treatments/surgery I would consider her first.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

I am a Black female. I've suffered with acne for 17 years. I've tried everything over the counter. I even went to a derm when I was in high school. Nothing helped. I looked at Dr. Chan's reviews online and decided to give her a call. I saw her in August 2009 and I am so happy with the results. My acne has cleared up completely and the dark marks (hyperpigmentation) continues to fade. Dr. Chan was honest and helpful. She didn't recommend laser treatment as she felt topical treatments were best. I urge all African-Canadians with skin problems to see her. She was absolutely excellent. Take it from someone who has had to endure terrible acne for YEARS. Dr. Chan KNOWS what she is doing!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

I suffer from Rosacea. I had almost given up on it, until my friend recommended Dr Chan. She spent so much time with me, really explained things, and there was no pressure at all. In fact, she insisted I think about it, even though I would have been happy to try the laser treatment the same day.My results were beautiful, she performed all my treatments herself. I cannot tell you how happy I am. I have recommended her to several friends, and to family members, and all have the same high opinion of her (they ahve done other treatments from hair removal to vein treatments and botox) She is honest, fair, and a pleasure to have as my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

I recently made an appointment to see Dr. Chan because of these reviews that I read on this site. Although I agree that she is nice, she recommended a service which did not make sense to me and seemed like she wanted me to do the more expensive treatment. I'm not sure if she knows that patients are much more knowledgeable than they used to be since the invention of the internet but I did my own research and knew that the cheaper treatment would have been better for me in terms of what I was looking for. I am still upset why she didn't recommend the cheaper one. I really thought she was going to be an honest doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

I recommend Dr Chan without any hesitation, she is the best. I went to 4 or 5 "medi-spas" for my acne, or what I thought was acne, and was quoted prices from 1000 to 3000 for all kinds of "packages" for microdermabrasion and "photofacials" Dr Cahn actually took a proper medical history, and examined my skin. She expalined in detail I had Rosacea. She treated me with the VBeam laser, and cleared me completely. I go on a regular basis now for other treatments, hair removal and Botox, and find the clinic to be very fairly priced, friendly, and HONEST. Definitely the place to go, bar none!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

Simply the best! Takes a lot of time to explain things, is very friendly, and obviously very knowledgable. Will not try to "sell" you on things that do not work, or if she feels you will not benefit. In short treats you like a person, and and acts like a doctor should. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

I cannot say enough about Dr Chan. There are so many of these crock "medi-spas" and high end "clinics" where they only want to upsell you and do "packages". It was a pleasure to meet her. She exudes professionalism. For laser hair removal, she spent 20 minutes taking a history and explaining things in detail. She answered all my questions in a friendly way, and clearly has a wide grasp of the field. She asked me to think about it, and not to rush into anything, and to research what she told me on the net! Most importantly she did my facial laser treatment herself, personally!! The results were outstanding, though she never made any false promises. I have been with her for several years now, and have done a number of other procedures (Botox, varicose veins), and have sent several co-workers and family members, They have all been equally impressed. She treats you with respect, and runs her clinic like a true medical practice (which it should be) not like some "cash-cow spa".

flag | Submitted March 14, 2007