Ratings for Dr. Patrocinia A. Magat

Negative 50 stars. Dr. Magat's office is the most unprofessional, unethical medical office in San Diego County. Our family had Dr. Magat as our HMO PCP, and had been paying our premiums since Jan 1st. When my wife finally needed to see a doctor per a referral from Urgent Care Physician, Dr. Magat's office told us they were no longer seeing HealthNet clients. When I told them I had a PCP Medical Card with her name and office on it, they said that I needed to call HealthNet and change it. When I told them I had been paying premiums for months now and my wife needed attention for severe back pain, they said they were not willing to help. Unethical, unscrupulous, and I hope some day Dr. Magat is severely injured and no one is willing to help her.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

This doctor and staff is disaster!!!This kind of doctors should not even practice.Who gave her license?I have more knowledges from enternet then she knows about deseases.She is unacurate in diagnoses,thinking only how to get money from your insuarance,treat you like sh...t when you have low income insuarance.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

WORST EVER!!! i had strep throat. i saw a white spot on my throat and wasnt sure if it was a tonsil stone or an infection. the dr didnt even swab my throat for a culture, just gave me a rx. she was more interested in my sexual health (i'm married w/children) and why i go to an obgyn for my paps and not her. wtf! i go to an ob cuz i have given birth. my bff that just became an RN knows more than what this dr w/39 years exp. knows. she was so quick to brush off the illness at hand. and didnt seem all that interested in my symptoms. plus i think she over persrcibed me amoxcicilin. i only took it for 7 days not the 10. plus i told her i was still breastfeeding and she didnt even tell me if there was going to be side effects to my child if i take antibiotics. DO NOT GO TO THIS DR!! you'll have better luck self diagnosing via the internet.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Horrible doctor and staff. I've never recieved such poor care in my life. My appointment was set for 1:00. After sittin in the office for a good 45 minutes I was finally called into my room. After sitting in the room, I waited another 15 minutes for the Dr. Also, the Dr is very rude and likes quick fixes to things. I can only see a doctor of a specialty by referral. I ask for a referral and she says nothing is wrong with me, even though I know there is. She will just give you some drugs out of her rx closet and call it good. Never schedules follow ups like my old doctors did. Also, I've had yearly exams for the past 7 years, but she doesn't do them thourougly. The week I had my annual exam, I went to the ER one day and found out I had an infection that she didn't catch. The staff is quite rude and slow. I will not be seeing Dr Magat again.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Took 2 weeks for paperwork to be submitted for vital oncologist referral. Had to push daily for referral and was told delays were due to other departments, insurance, etc. however other organizations consistently showed evidence where doctor and staff were not completing basic requirements for the referral to process. Changing my PCP.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2008

Dr. Patrocinia A. Magat's Credentials

• Far Eastern Univ, Dr N Reyes Med Fndn Inst Of Med, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1967)

Harvard-Pilgrim