Ratings for Dr. Kevin Higgins

Saved my mother's life. He performed total glossectomy and reconstructed her tongue using thigh flap two years ago. Jennifer who used to be his secretary has helped me plenty of times with documentation that needed Dr.Higgins' signature. His team at the time was so compassionate and helpful. I remember the days when my brother and I would pack our lunches and spend the day at the hospital to see my mom recover. One day at a time, she is able to eat, speak and perform most day to day activities without assistance. Feeling blessed to have him as my mother's oncologist along with his exceptional team.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

Not sure about some of these negative ratings. He spent over 10 hours removing my husband’s tumour. He is a life saver. People who talk about his secretary Kalsang like that who is an angel, should be ashamed! Colleen B.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2019

Came in with a thyroid lump . He did a biopsy same day. No pain. Just had surgery can’t see the scar! Thanks KG

flag | Submitted July 15, 2019

I waited three hours to be seen by a resident who was nice enough. Then Dr Higgins addresses the resident, not me, from the doorway saying I was fine but could come back in 6 months if I wanted to. He never addressed me or even looked me in the eye after a 3hr wait. 8 months later I am now in need of urgent surgery as my condition should not have been left to progress. I was never asked about my history, symptoms, labs or anything which could have saved me an emergency admission and months of pain

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

What are all these experiences? Are you guys seeing the same doc as me? I've been seeing him for a recurrent issue for almost 8 years. He's a good enough surgeon but has absolutely terrible bed side manners. He was great before the surgery but turned into this uncaring dismissive tool after.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

Dr. Higgins dedication reflects on his team and work. He is one of the best doctors I dealt with in my entire life, in terms of knowledge and patient care.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2019

Life saver ! Took the time to explain an all day procedure he had done on my dad. Poor guy wanted to buy him a coffee Thanks Dr. Higgins! ES

flag | Submitted February 4, 2019

Dr Higgins cleared out all my thyroid cancer, took his time, and was very careful. Excellent surgeon. His staff at Sunnybrook are all wonderful, very kind, and very helpful. I cannot thank them enough.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2018

Words cannot express our gratitude! Now have a second chance at life! Thanks Dr. Higgins CP

flag | Submitted November 29, 2018

Had an appointment with Dr. Higgins as part of Cleveland Clinic. He gave me an uncomfortable nasal endoscopy (not his fault), but afterwards, he berated his assistant in front of me for not cleaning the camera well enough (which also made me wonder if the procedure showed him enough. He was very rushed throughout the appointment, cutting me off, and basically not listening at all. Then he prescribed reflux medication, which means he clearly did not read my file - I've had GERD for over ten years - of course I've tried that! He then prescribed a nasal spray - which I'd already tried multiple times as well. He'd do well to actually talk to patients about what has been tried first, before assuming he knows best.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018