Ratings for Dr. Fernando P. Tuvera

Dr. Tuvera seems like he just goes to his job to go, not to help anybody anymore. He looks at the problem once and perscribes medicine right away. i have had a rash on my arm for many months now and it itches like crazy and he keeps perscribing me creams but nothing works. I think he has finally given up on trying to help. He seems like he doesn't know what is going on anymore. I told him I was allergic to a certian medicine and he still perscribed it to me. Not a good Dr.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Wouldnt recommend him.Saw him 4 my intense,lowerleft abdominal pain.Asked if I could be pregnant/sex.active:I said never.Looked skepticly@me few seconds &said I need 2 tell the truth b/c I could have ectopic preg.I said no again&still didn't believe me.Urine came back saying possible pregncy which was IMPOSSIBLE &told him I want labwork done &i'll take another urine test so he could see Im not lying.He said later &only way to find ectopic is thru pelvic exam.Told him I didnt want 2 b/c ectopic wasnt there,still a virgin &only 18yrs old but left me no choice.He had2stop b/c pain was worse.I asked if urine tests can show false+ he said no.I never saw him again &good thing b/c another Dr diagnosed me w/dermoid ovarian-cyst w/torsion & he had to remove my left ovary.He said false+ due to dermoid making my hormones go crazy &can be seen in pts. w/this problem.Yr.later I wrote Tuv hoping he'd learn from this;he wrote back he did.If you do see him make sure you know your rights as a patient.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2009

Terrible terrible terrible. So unhelpful! Told me I had indigestion and when I went to emergency, it turned out to be a bleeding ulcer.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009