Ratings for Dr. Theodore Ivanov

The best doctor I have had and I've had a few from West Vancouver to Penticton and back. I can't say enough about this man and his willingness to help, his knowledge and the concern he shows for his patients. I feel extremely lucky to call Dr. Ivanov my family physician.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Ivanov has been our doctor for the past four years and my husband and I find him to be a very caring person, we tend to have to wait sometimes for quite a while but it's because he takes time to listen to your problems and consequently runs over time. If he comes across as arrogant to some people, they should look to themselves - maybe their attitude has a lot to his reaction. The same with the staff, if you are polite to people they in turn are polite - getting antagonistic with staff just tends to put their backs up. From us he gets 10 out of 10.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Possibly the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He is amazing! He always calms me when I am anxious and he was the only doctor to really listen an investigate when I told him I was not feeling well during my pregnancy. Others all told me it was normal pregnancy stuff. He listened, and without his referrals I don't know if my daughter or I would be here. I was quickly diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia . He followed up until her birth and kept a close eye on my after. He is still my doctor today, and he has never missed a beat. He is not only an amazing doctor , but a caring person..... He makes me have faith in the medical system. I am thankful to have met him, and for him being my family's doctor to this day.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

My family Dr. L was away and I had the pleasure to meet with Dr.Ivanov. I have never seen a doctor more understanding and compassionate in my entire life. His bedside manner along side his thoroughness was remarkable. Thank you Dr. Ivanov. -Stephanie

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Ivanov is a great doctor. I find him to be very knowledgeable and proactive.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Hello, I very much enjoy having Dr. Ivanov as my doctor and consider myself - as well as my family blessed to have him. I must say though that though his "immediate" staff are very helpful, the "counter" staff are generally self-absorbed and often curt! Regardless, as a doctor, Dr. Invanov is "wonderful"!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

The waits Are over an hour even with an appointment. The staff at the counter are snappy when you ask them about the waits. They actually told me to come back another time. Often I've made an appointment then asked my self after why I bothered.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

This is by far the best doctor I have ever had. I moved in 2012 and have since had such a hard time finding a doctors office that is up to the standard of dr. ivanov. He never claimed to know everything, and if he didn't know he would find out or send you to the right place. His staff are amazing, i didn't realize how good i had it until i was forced to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

I am surprised there are any negative ratings about this doctor. Well I guess you can never please everybody. I have run into many bad doctors in my life, and a handful of exceptionally good ones. He is one of the latter. What those incredible doctors all have in common in my experience is what someone above is criticizing him for: always checking their books, or consulting with colleagues. I find that very reassuring. You get a second opinion right on the spot and there is nothing wrong with double-checking your findings. Besides, no-one can memorize every single detail about every condition, drug (contra-indications, dosage etc...). I prefer that over those arrogant doctors who think they know it all. I was super surprised the first time Dr. Ivanov called me at home in the evening to give me test results, or ask if a treatment was working. What doctor does that anymore?! I consider myself extremely lucky to have such a great family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

It is sad that some people (and their opinions) can't appreciate anything about Dr Ivanov’s remarkable qualities. ALL Drs are busy beyond their means, wait times are sometimes excessive, but overall he and his staff are as professional as you can get, period! He is truly thorough, knowledgeable and genuinely cares for his patients. He has even on occasion called my home, in the evening to follow-up. His bedside manner is exceptional, when he has a moment in his extremely busy day, he takes the time to wittingly chat you up. He’s a brilliant man, intelligent in his expressions and comments, if this comes across as arrogant to some, then perhaps these need to get out more often. When recommending to see specialists or results from tests haven’t given him the answers he’s looking for, he digs deeper and recommends more. Sometimes symptoms can be diagnosed in a heart beat, more times than not it takes further investigation, and this doctor, follows through, quite thoroughly, thank you!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012