Ratings for Dr. Katherine Giles

worse and rudest doctor I have every had to see. After 3 hour rate told me I had had a stroke and had a hole in my heart. After several tests and 6 weeks later I was called in to see her (another 3 hour wait in her office!!) and told a mistake had been made and my MRI was normal. No apology just looked down nose as if i had made the mistake. if she was the only Neurolgist on earth I would never see her again. If you are sent to see her run as fast as you can away from this doctor. Not only does she not know what she is doing, she is rude and nasty in my experience. I have talked with other former patients who have the same opinion as I do. Don't know where you found the patients who actually think she is a good doctor. Wow are they wrong!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I love Dr Giles. Shes been looking after me and my MS for 17 years and I wouldn't have anyone else! SHe is sensitive and encouraging and I know she tends to run late but I also know the time she takes with her patients and how much she cares about not just the patient but their extended families! She is a wonderful Dr and really advocates for her patients.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

Awful!Awful!Awful! She did not listen to anything that I had to say. Even when I got a chance to speak it seemed like she wasn't listening. All she could talk about was her cottage and how many young families now a days can't afford them ! If you have any other options please do not go see her. I have never had such a bad experience with any doctors ever!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Waiting over an hour in her office for our appointment is disrespectful. Perhaps the receptionist and the doctor should take a scheduling course. It's offered at most community colleges. My time is just as valuable as hers.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

A very inexperienced doctor whom does not know what she is doing simply because she does not listen to her patients.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I'm not sure why there are negative comments about Dr. Giles, because, she was the utmost professional, kind, sweet Dr. to me. Assessing my condition very promptly and I found her very caring.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Simply fantastic. Caring, knowledgeable and bang on. I don't understand all the negative comments . She is wonderful

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I too went to see Dr. Giles very nervously after reading all the ranting that people have done here. Sitting in the waiting room, I was afraid to approach the office admin as people had said she was very unfriendly. The farthest from the truth. The office admin was very friendly and got me squared away. I had to wait a little extra but come on people, the Doctor is good at what she does and is in demand. What doctor don't you have to wait a little extra for. I am quite willing to wait for my turn knowing that she is probably looking after something or someone that is in much greater need than I am at the present time. It means that when it is my turn that I need her undivided attention, that I will be getting it. She cares about her patients and treating them correctly and fully. Remember that as patients, we can say whatever we want about a doctor but doctors have taken an oath and they are unable to talk about patients or fear losing their licence. Keep these things in mind when all her time is being used to save your life or someone else's. Be willing to wait your turn.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Like some others who have commented here, I was a bit nervous to see her after reading the negative reviews. Upon meeting her, I got a huge reminder that we need to form our own opinions, and that those who are unhappy with something often get the most attention. Having the first appointment of the day probably meant there was little to no chance of having to wait, so I admit I may not have a full picture of the punctuality issue. As far as her personality, she greeted me with a huge smile and was chatty and friendly. She explained everything, listened, and let me ask questions. She is very experienced and efficient, knowing exactly what to do and wanting to do it before you ask too many questions, just so that she has more information to use in her answers. She isn't trying to prevent question asking. Although my issue is likely not very serious, I did not feel brushed off at all. She understood why I have been so bothered by it, and said I can come back if it does not resolve. I know people can be sensitive when they are not feeling well and mentally exhausted from the experience, but give her a chance. Step back a bit, and trust her.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Only reason punctuality is low is because of the nature of her practice. Knowing we could have to wait is well known in advance. She's AWESOME! I've been a patient for various reasons over the last 20 years since a major spinal cord injury when I was 32.. Wouldn't want anyone else looking after me..

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017