Ratings for Dr. Stephen Im

This Dr receptionist was rude and made no effort to help me. I had 3 meetings with him and he never took the time to examine me. His goal at each meeting was to determine a exam to perform, send me to it and then call me back for a consultation. At the end of the third apointment he proposed to do a "little cleanup" but basically put it in my hands to tell him what to do. Since I didn't feel comfortable with his assessment and handling of the situation, I took it upon myself to find another Gynecologist. That other Dr, examined me and referred to an hospital for some additional test as she was concerned by her initial assessment. It was then discovered that I had cancer. I am disgusted by the lack of caring and professionalism of Dr Im. Felt like he was more concerned about booking additional appointments rather than examining me and completing his oath.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

We visited his office early in the morning, and we waited for 10-15mins before we saw him. Unlike the below comments, his receptionist was very nice and helpful. Dr. Im is very nice, and knowledgeable. This is our first visit, hope next one will be good as this one.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I would have to agree with majority of these reviews on here, he in unorganized, has no idea who his patients are (even a couple of weeks after surgery), gives patients no information on what they are dealing with, BUT he's nice enough and my surgery was scheduled quite quickly after diagnosis. After being diagnosed with a large (9cm in diameter) ovarian cyst, laparoscopic surgery was performed to removed the cyst, where endometriosis (later diagnosed with biopsy resoles from surgery) was discovered on said cyst. I awoke from surgery to find him almost leaving without any update/information whatsoever "Oh, uh, surgery went fine, cyst is removed, took a biopsy of tissue that we found on the cyst, we will have the results during your follow-up appointment" - I then received ZERO information about endometriosis during my post-surgery follow-up, was just told that I should remain on birth control for basically an entire year, no other alternatives. So, it's been a couple of years since I have gone back to see Dr. Im and I feel the exact same as I did when I was taking ridiculous amounts of birth control... Possibly not the best choice if you have any sort of gyne illnesses/diseases.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Scheduled appointment seems to mean nothing. Sees you for 2 minutes after waiting an hour past your appointment time. Didn't seem to ask any futher questions about what I am experiencing, just told me I need birth control and surgery. I am trying to get referred to different gyno for a 2nd opinion.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

He always makes everybody wait more than 1.5 hour. Regardless waiting time, he doesn't remember my file who just had a surgery. Scary... When my current doctor read Dr. Im's surgery report, he couldn't get any information. He said report doesn't mean anything.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I have no idea if doctor Im is any good since it's my follow up appointment today. Booked for 9am and now 9:30. I can wait for an appointment but to not even be open and have anyone here is ridiculous. Will be asking for a referral to another doctor immediately. Don't tell this is the Healthcare system. Someone should be here and working if you are handing out appointments. Or you know common courtesy to call and cancel. Thanks for nothing but wasting the morning I took off work.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Im is a very nice man but he is not helpful or organized. I find it very difficult to get ahold of him or to find out any information about what is going on in own my body

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

They do not have any respect for people's time. The receptionist gives the same time slot to a dozen of people and the wait is an overage 1 hour and a half. I went to have my IUD removed and the doctor tried to convince me to keep it. I had to insist to get the procedure done.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I was a high risk pregnancy with Twins and Dr Im was with me the whole term and anticipated problems before it happened delivery healthy babies preterm. Been a pt now 23 years no regrets have a large female friends and family circle been with him for year's have lots of respect for this Dr has been an ER and ICU nurse for 20 yrs and still am his patient. He cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Where do I begin? The level of disorganization in this office is un-precedented . I had been experiencing abdominal/pelvic pain since last summer and telling Dr Im about it. After a lot of time wasted with him having no clue what to do, he then decided to order a pelvic MRI. He would not answer or acknowledge the fact that it would also make sense to have imaging of my abdomen as well. In order to complete the pelvic MRI, blood work would need to be completed beforehand. This I did. However, when it was time to undergo the imagining, I had been hospitalized in another facility and had to miss my appointment. I was told that I could not simply re-schedule my appointment, but that I would have to do the whole process over again. Dr. Im's secretary scheduled me to see him to get another blood requisition form. He had no idea why I was there and then insisted that I use the blood work results from the hospital in which I was an inpatient for the hospital that was going to do the MRI. I have no idea why he refused to give me another blood work requisition form as that would have been the easiest thing instead of me having to do this extra work. I had my MRI in early January and am still waiting to receive the results. I had a follow-up appointment scheduled for the end of January and it was cancelled because the results hadn't arrived. A follow-up appointment was scheduled for a few days ago. I called multiple times to inquire if the results were received because it didn't make sense to go down there and wait for hours only to be told that there were no results. The best answers I could get from his secretary is that "I'm busy" or "I'm behind in my filing" or "There's a stack of MRI results that have just arrived." I then decided to cancel the appointment. She then called me yesterday to tell me that she was going to call the hospital to find out what happened with the MRI results, even though I've waited almost two months since I had the imaging. Why didn't she bother to do this sooner? She clearly needs to be replaced. Stay far away from this office!!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017