Ratings for Dr. Tom Pickles

Dr.Pickles was truly fantastic with the information he gave me. He answered every question I had, and explained the procedure to me in depth. I came to Vancouver twice,once for the consultation including tests and the ultrasound that had to be done. Before I left to go home he already had me booked to come back for my seed inserts. His staff is a well oiled machine. Everyone has their jobs to do and it is done like clockwork. After my implant and waking up in recovery all was great. I was there just about 4 hours start to finish and probably could have left to go home ,just a little sore,didn't need any pain killers, and truly had no complaints. I have nothing but great praise for this man and his team. THANK YOU Dr. Pickles

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr Pickles is all i could expect and the staff and departments are equally as good. He performed the seed inserts today and i feel i could hop on the plane back to saskatchewan this same day. Such a serious professional but able to keep things light. He was helpful in making our trips work out as we travelled from Sask.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

Met with Dr Pickles for a 1 hr consultation. He was very pleasant and extrememly knowledgeable re brachytherapy for prostate cancer. He answered all my questions without hesitation and left me with a vary favourable impression of his abilities. I never met any of his staff so cannot rate him on that issue.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

An excellent doctor who worked with me enabling me to do breaktherapy which has resulted me my living a very normal life in every way. A very straightforward and precise doctor when dealing with his patients. Excellent support group around him as well.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. Pickles was my father's oncologist, and helped enroll him in a new and experimental treatment. He was knowledgeable, kind and professional while our family dealt with the diagnosis of inoperable brain cancer.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Very knowledgeable and very willing to answer my questions. Is for the most part very serious and is a bit flumoxed by a patient who sees the funny side of a serious illness as I did. Yet I'd do it all over again with him as my oncologist and radiation expert--after two years my PSA remains around 0.1.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

A very busy doctor but has a tendency to rush his patients through their appointments.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Very knowledgeable and understanding of prostate cancer patient's concerns. Considerate of travel requiremenst of distant patients.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007