Ratings for Dr. Maurice S. Ghattas

I visited Dr. Ghattas as I was experiencing some numbness in my fingers on my left hand, along with pain sensation going up my left arm. I had no idea why these symptoms had started and wanted to get it checked out. I also hadn't been to a doctor in a few years and my migraine medicine was all expired and needed new prescriptions. After waiting for over 30-45 minutes, Dr. Ghattas (who is elderly) asked me what I was there for. I described my symptoms, and he took one look at me and said, "I have too much time on my hands (no pun intended), and that I should NOT be spending it thinking about my hands and fingers, and the more I think about it the more it will seem to feel numb or sore." No kidding, that was his professional advice. That was it. I began to retell my symptoms, and that I was there because the numbness and pain was very real, and I would like to find out why and see if I can fix it. He repeated his "stop thinking about my fingers and hands" and stop spending time doing so. It quickly became escalated and I felt offended and mistreated as a brand new patient/customer. He also refused to update my prescriptions for migraine headaches, stating he didn't believe those types of medications are required for migraine headaches. Long story short, after arguing about getting some answers to my symptoms, Dr. Ghattas put in a referral to see a Neurologist to rule out the possibility of "Carpel Tunnel Syndrome." This was only done after insisting and heated conversations for help. When the referral was given, Dr. Ghattas asked "if this was enough to make me happy?" It was a horrible experience. I had some blood screening done to rule out anything to be safe, so I had to return. Dr. Ghattas's office sent the blood-work to a lab "outside of my network/plan," so this simple routine bloodwork came back with a bill of over " $1500 " which then triggered multiple phonecalls with my insurance carrier, Blue of California, to rectify. I also had what I thought to be a wart on the bottom of my foot that had not gone away in months, and Dr. Ghattas scheduled an additional appt to come back and he would remove it for me. Upon this next appt for the Plantar's Wart, I waited over 45 minutes before Dr. Ghattas saw me and asked me what I was there fore. I explained about showing him the Plantar's Wart before and that he scheduled this appt to remove it from the bottom of my foot. Dr. Ghattas said "he never mentioned he would remove it, and to give it another week or so and see if it gets bigger and to come back in if it does and he will remove it." This was the LAST STRAW, and I had completely had enough of Dr. Ghattas and his unprofessional, confrontational and unsuccessful experience of doing anything to treat, follow-up or imply that I was worth any of his attention or time. I was billed for all of these appts, each one at a price of $275-300+ and like I shared, the last appt was a complete schedule mix-up and embarrassment on the office and moreso, on Dr. Ghattas. He did nothing, and charged top pricing. I look at it as a scam and rip-off of the insurance companies. I reported these occurrences to the CA State board and to my Blue of California as well. I filed a grievance report and have since relocated out of the area. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR, YOU WILL BE SORRY!! I feel sorry for his patients, his staff and everyone. His one nurse was so sweet to try and explain Dr. Ghattas's peculiarities. Scary Place Though..

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

The worst doctor ever. He does not care about his patients. He is very rude and needs training in patient service. When I was in his office, he was yelling at a patient on speakerphone. Also, he is a despot that treats his employees with no respect. Avoid this doctor. He should not be a doctor. He need to retire.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

Very pushy, condescending and doesn't listen to what you have to say. Completely overcharged Medicare for a 10 minute visit for just a follow-up for INR level ($275.00). Claimed I had a cancer on my face that he would take off the next time when I told him it was only a scratch. Guess what? It healed up!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Dr. Ghattas has always been on top of his patients healthcare. He has been my Dr for years. He takes the time to explain whats going on and why something should be done. I have heard him fight for his patients to get the proper healthcare if they need something while in the hospital or at another Dr's office. Having just lost a best friend to what I believe was a Dr.'s negligence, this is very important to me. I recommend Dr. Ghattas highly and feel that he always does whats best for his patients.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2012

Has no time for you. Don't ask questions because he will get mad. Don't dare question his authority. Over all jerk!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

Dr. Ghattas is very concerned about my wellness. he takes extra time to look at every aspect of my health. I always leave with a gentle reminder on how to improve my health. highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

Dr. Maurice S. Ghattas's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Of Asyut, Fac Of Med, Asyut, Egypt (Grad. 1972)