Ratings for Dr. Franco Leoni

I was rushed to cameos with acute pain associated with gall stones... He immediately hooked me up to Iv fluids and medication for pain I had surgery the next day. This dr was kind and yes did discuss my weight issue but he did not turn me away. Upon discharge he gave me a huge hug and his card and said if you ever need anything call me. He was wonderful and kind I'm going back for surgery in October.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I got a breast reduction from Dr Leoni in November 2010. I was 19, stupid and desperate for smaller breasts and didn't do the research I should have done. The end product ended up being with two obviously different sized breasts, and HUGE scars on the bottom and around both nipples. They look like Frankenstein Breasts, and I've been ashamed ever since I got the surgery done. When I came for my post op, he said they looked fine. I remember crying on the way home.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Leoni clearly forgets the Hippocratic oath to "do no harm". He did bowel resection surgery on a family member and clearly botched it. Within weeks he had a massive hernia on the incision and Leoni said it wasn't a hernia. Saw a surgeon in Edmonton a month later and upon examination he said "who did this butcher job?" and I quote. It was so bad he could not be operated on again and lives with herniated intestines the size of a volleyball. His quality of life has been severely impaired by this doctor. Leoni denies all responsibility. Truth is, this operation was beyond him but his ego wouldn't let him admit it and refer.

Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr Leoni and his staff were so caring and wonderful when I had my surgery in February of this year - I may have had to wait a bit when I went to his clinic but that's ok - he's a busy doctor after all...

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

He has been very helpful and excellent with followups. He was running behind one day for a followup but not much you can do about that. It would have been nice if they would have let me know when I checked in.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I have had (2) consultations with Dr. Leoni and feel very comfortable with both himself and his staff. Dr Leoni introduces himself very well and answers any questions I may have. I feel very fortunate to have him as my physician.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

Went in for two scopes to try and figure out why I was having pain for two years. The first one there was "nothing" and the second one I had bleeding on the left side of my colon. Finally I was able to get into a specialist only to find that this "bleeding" on the left side was severe endometriosis. When asked about the bleeding, I was told it was nothing. I was also hospitalized for a week, and was pushed to go home, when my family doctor wanted me to stay because the pain was unbearable, and I would keep going into emergency anyways. Not very satisfied.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Thank you for listening Dr. Leoni! You are an angel. After waiting 6 mths in Edmonton with an acute gall bladder and a surgery date no earlier than in July, you and your staff were amazing and I am finally going to be out of pain. As a single mom I can't tell you how grateful I am for your help. Your staff were kind and concerned and I felt like I was dealing with a very close family.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

I have been referred to Dr. Leoni twice (severe acid reflux and umbilical hernia). He refused to help me because I am overweight. He actually said "come back when you lose weight". He does not know me but assumes I just need to watch what I eat and exercise. I will not go to him again nor would I recommend him to anyone. Overweight people deserve medical treatment too.

Submitted September 7, 2012

We are lucky to have such a skilled surgeon in Camrose! Is he blunt, yes. And yes he has a European sense of humor. He does blame a lot on excessive weight, but he is correct. The vast majority of North Americans are over weight! Thank you to Dr. Leoni for all he has done for this community!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011