Ratings for Dr. David Flowers

best doctor i ever had congrats on your retirement says it how it is doesnt sugar coat anything i like that in a doctor at first i didnt think i would like him but i grew to respect him

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

This doctor is a quack...retiring is the best thing he ever did for the local community and hospital.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Been with him over 30 years best docter ever had had few health problem send me to a specialist for tumor and had knee done really satisfy for what he done for me over the year always enjoy the staff mde you welcomee pretty much my ol family was with me always listen to your problem

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Very out-dated in his medical knowledge, to the detriment of his patients. Extremely condescending, and does not listen at all! Getting a referral to a specialist out of him is next to impossible. Thinks that everything can be fixed by prescribing pills, without caring to investigate at all. My son's lazy-eye could have been cured if caught sooner. He never even checked his eye-sight until it was too late for proper treatment and correction. And the list of incompetence in my own care is unbelievable! Stay away from this doctor if you value your health at all!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Trying to even get a polite comment from his receptionist is like entering boot camp. Would enjoy reading the position profile especially skills required: "blunt, cut customer off, chastise,...." I think they forget they are in a role of "customer service" to provide a service of which they are paid to do.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Extremely dissatisfied with this doctor! He misdiagnosed my symptoms and also refused to refer me to a specialist resulting in emergency surgery - I almost lost my life and after spending two months in hospital fighting for my life must now live with the disasterous consequences that his poor judgement and inability to realize that he was not qualified to treat my medical problem has resulted in. I hope he retires ASAP or is forced to answer for all his mistakes. Unfortunately, one does not stand much chance in medical lawsuits in Canada and so unfortunately this substandard doctor continues to practice medicine. God help his patients...

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

My husband, a patient of Dr. Flowers, recently passed away from terminal cancer. When the disease was first suspected, Dr. Flowers was able to arrange rapid examinations and evaluations from specialists. He fought for immediate attention from the Cancer Centre though all means available to him. His efforts on behalf of my husband went way beyond what one would normally expect. When the diagnosis of “terminal” was determined, my husband wished to die at home. Dr. Flowers was unfailingly kind, supportive, and available. He attended to my husband's medical needs IN OUR HOME, and was with us, on a Sunday, when my husband died. Because of his medical expertise and his humanity, my husband's passing was gentle, peaceful, and painless. My family will be forever grateful for having Dr. Flowers guide us through this very difficult time.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Flowers for 34 yrs, and I can't say anything bad, he is very efficient, and gives the exact details of what the problem is, and no fooling around. He has been a pillar of strength and help in my darkest and sickest hours, always assuring and telling me it's OK, wished the world had more people like him, recommend him to anyone, and wished too he could Dr. my pets as well. Dr. Flowers your the best yet!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

I was a patient for several years, and found him to be obstinate, opinionated, and narrow-minded to the extreme! He refused to consider referring to a specialist, as he felt he knew it all. The reality is he knew far less than a doctor should, and he was responsible for a misdiagnosis on a number of occasions.Scary! I'm glad I'm no longer with him and have new GP.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011

This man is not only condescending, he is rude. I met with him three times and found him to be the same each time- a boor.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010