Ratings for Dr. Jose Goncalves

Professional and got to the point. Explained everything in detail and answered all my questions with patience.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

$467 for a first appointment where the doctor won't provide much value. At least the staff couldn't explain what would the doctor provide for this ridiculously high amount. Despite the horrible fees there is a one months waiting time.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

This doctor saved my uterus after giving birth. I had a very botched fibroid removal performed by a known gynocologist in vancouver and her students leaving me with a backward uterus and a ton of adhesions for no good reason. My pregnancy went smoothly except my baby was sideways due to the gimped up uterus. Dr Goncalves noticed my uterus might be stuck to my stomach wall and I thought that couldn't be possible , I had the best surgeon in western Canada. Dr. Goncalves was right and he took the time to notice and thankfully he scheduled a csection or else who knows what might have happened to me and the baby. Although his demeanor is somewhat clinical he really did provide support when I needed it. If not for him and his sound surgical practices as well as looking our for my interests some gung ho surgical assistants might just have pulled my uterus out, but he saved it!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I recently completed the Mona Lisa treatments and am 100% satisfied with the results. As far as Dr. Goncalves I found him to be extremely professional and kept me well informed of everything he was doing during the procedure as well as after. Highly recommend Dr. Goncalves.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I was recently referred to Dr Goncalves by my family Dr for surgical consult. He has been very kind , compassionate and knowledgeable. His staff have been very friendly and professional and attentive. I am very happy with him, he is patient and explains everything clearly. I would highly recommend him! He is an avid antique collector and I enjoy his collection in his office.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I was referred to him by my doc. When I first entered his office thought I had made a mistake on the address, I thought I had walked into someone's home.I was going to walk out when I heard the receptionist say hello and could not see her at first! Literally every corner of his office from the front entrance, waiting room, hallways, bathrooms, and exam rooms are crowded with antique cabinets filled with english looking porcelain female figurines. I sat waiting for my appointment and just starred in shock at his office. There was also a shelf with these big pinkish seashells, that immediately made me think of women's privates. And a giant Chinese dragon statue at the front window, it has a thick tubular body. It does not take much imagination to wonder what it might represent. I actually felt like I was in the beginning of a horror movie. My gut said something is not right here. I even went outside to get my adult daughter to come in and see his office! In his exam room, he was very thorough in asking me my medical history and entering it on the computer file. But when it came to the actual exam, he was rough, made a remark about my weight. It was painful and I made a sound of pain and he said well this is not fun for me either. WTH? The comment was surprising, he didn't have to say anything, it was the comment that bothered me.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Goncalves happened to be the fill in doctor at the hospital when my own obgyn wasn't in town to deliver my daughter. His bedside manner is atrocious. I was nothing but a chart to him. After a failed induction, he started a second one. When that was taking too long he immediately blamed my extra weight (I was on and off bed rest my whole pregnancy from spontaneous bleeding). He told me (didn't ask) he was inserting these balloons with saline solution to force dilate me. The whole time he wouldn't tell me what was going on and was talking to another doctor about another patient. He was very rough and made it a painful process. When I had a remark of pain he said I should of watched my weight and had a normal labor. He came back in 4 hours later and told me if I didn't start properly laboring soon that I would be having a c-section (which I hoped to avoid at all costs, but he never bothered to ask). He treated me so poorly the nurse helping me get through this complicated labor actually filed a misconduct report on my behalf. He directly contributed to a traumatic birth experience for me, which a year later still makes me feel anxious about. He refused to listen to any of my concerns, cut me off every question I tried to ask and ignored me the rest of the time.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

He is mean and very insensitive. .I feel he is not fond of women. He performed my hysterectomy and left me disfigured with an incision that is on an angle. Had to have blood transfusion. He asked me prior to the surgery if I wanted a tummy tuck. I said no way. He gave me one anyway without my consent. Be very careful of this man. I think he is a.woman hater. Chose the wrong field of practice. He should be operating on testicles.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

When visiting him with post-surgical issues, he said I was fine, there was nothing he could do and to "buy a vibrator"....now I am in my 30's and have no intimacy with my husband without excruciating pain

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I had surgery at the end off Sept. I found Dr. Conclaves to be very kind and professional. He took time to explain what I might expect and when I called after surgery with questions I was satisfied with the answered . I must say I didn't realize how uncomfortable I was until all repairs were done. I would highly recommend Dr. Conclaves.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015