Ratings for Dr. Mary Connolly

I find this physician not to be as knowledgeable as others

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Thank God, this doctor has retired. I got stuck seeing Dr. Connolly, as she was the only psychiatrist taking new patients. Under her care, I was in a depression for two years. I have never met such a doctor who is so scatter-brained, as Dr. Connolly. She was totally useless and should have been reported to the College of Physicians and Surgeons. She did more harm than good. Her nurse, Susan, was also useless. I felt suicidal under her care. A very incompetent doctor, the worst I've ever seen. She has done everyone a favour by retiring. She has no business been a doctor, as she made my mental health worse, not better. I rate her zero out of ten.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

When I was 18 years old I had a drug problem and took some drugs that gave me a bad reaction. I was acting very strange and was having hallucinations and paranoia. I was sectioned into Eric Martin For one month, my time in there was horrible. Dr. Mary Connolly was my psychiatrist for my time in Eric Martin. They did several tests on me EEG, ECG, MRIs, and many other psychiatric hands on tests. Dr Connolly had me on a very strong dose of Seroquel. I was sleeping all day and all night and was not able to think clearly while doing these tests. Dr Connolly myself and my parents had several meetings together Dr Connolly was convinced that I was a paranoid schizophrenic and I was at the perfect age for schizophrenia. She wanted me to get into mental health housing and be on medications for schizophrenia for the rest of my life. Halfway through my stay they switched me over to an injection of risperidol, which made me feel much worse. They also made a mistake with the injection and given me 10 times the amount that was supposed to be given that was the nurse's mistake. Dr Connolly apologize to me and my family about the large injection in one of our meetings. I knew all along that I had a bad reaction to street drugs and that there is nothing wrong with me and I would be fine as soon as I left. Dr Connolly said if I leave without the proper plans in place and stop taking the medications I will relapse and be back in the hospital. I left the hospital after 30 days to go home and stop taking all medications I was back to my regular self shortly after. It is now 6 years later I have haĺd a great life so far I am a captain on a commercial fish boat I've gone to college and I'm living a great life. I feel as a medical professional she should not jump to conclusions and know the difference between mental health issues and bad reactions to drugs. Her diagnosis was 100% incorrect and if I would have trusted her and taken her advice it would have ruined my life.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

no follow up whatsoever - influenced by viha mental health which is very bad

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Pharmaceutical knowledge is totally lacking and she unnecessarily insists on electric shock treatments.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I have been a patient of mary Connelly for under a year she has been helpful with paper work stuff ie disability forms but the rest has been horrible she is insulting,rude and doesent follow up on anything

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

1) She gives you solutions based on your situation 2) She encourages you to do your own research (read journals) 3) She asks you if you are eating and sleeping right 4) She does not force you to accept the label given NOR does she endorse any medication 5) Anyone who is under stress, not eating or sleeping right will have some sort of emotional impairment--which can be worse of you have other addictive traits or if you are the type of person who refuses to help themselves 6) There is not magic pill. Women especially should be aware of hormonal changes that affect one's mood. I am very very thankful to Dr. Connelly thanks to her I lend a morally correct lifestyle, I have a strong willed personality but through time and life experience I learned how to balance priorities. I am lucky that I have the common sense not to make any major decision without Dr. Connelly. I find that Jazmine person creepy...very creepy.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2013

Very disappointed in her diagnostic and treatment ability. Wrong diagnosis and thus what I consider inhumane drugs prescribed and for many years. She also wrote 'sexual deviant' and then partially scribbled it out on my first ever time seeing her, I have a photocopy of the record (and a whole pile more of similar travesties written in her hand). I told her I was a lesbian. I believe it was left out of the DSMIV and even the prior version. Archaic thought, with archaic treatment, imo. I recently have been informed of the unlikeliness of 3 of the diagnosis she labelled me as - and am rightly upset about all of it. I will be asking the College of Physicians and Surgeons to investigate.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

Dr. Connolly has been my psychiatrist for over 10+ years. I am not sure why there are negative comments. Doctors are not GOD, as a patient you have a responsibilty as well. She is specialist in mood disorders, has years of experience. If she is late or takes a phone call that is because she is with another patient not becuase she distracted or has other priorities. As for medications, it takes awhile to figure out the right ones... trial and error process. I feel lucky that she my psychiatrist. Dr. Connolly is a wonderful human being and she has been a very influential in my life. Thanks to her I am able to manage my health. The fact that I am having fewer "episodes" and recover quickly from depression over time is testament enough that the right medication plays a huge role in maintaining health. She is NOT a drug pusher but emphasises a balanced lifestyle. Depression takes time to recover, have patience :)

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

I sense because Dr Conolly's family lives in the US including her grandaughter that she may be distracted by, how shall I say it, other priorities. I'm sure she earns enough as a psychiatrist in Victoria but I have my suspicions due to the methods and selling practices that US drug companies employ. I am now in Eric Martin certified when there was nothing wrong with me and she doesn't listen to my complaints about a reformulated Seroquel/Quietemine because I am getting a zydis clawing feeling, collapsing low blood press and sleeping 4 hours after each pill which she has dictated at 200mg a day. I was fine on Seroquel from Safeway at Shelbourne/McKenzie and it was 50mg of Seroquel in a pink oblong. These new ones have no numbers, and whatever the dosage they are the same size. It would be terrible if she has succumbed to some sort of drug priority pressure from her suppliers. Her mind is confused, she doesn't listen and correct and she has trouble accepting explanation and logic.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010