Ratings for Dr. Shep Secter

I have known and dealt with Dr. Secter for close to 30 years. I do believe in people getting great work done, at an increased rate, due to their workmanship alone. In the same breath though there are many good dentists that do try to charge within the Alberta guidelines. I've had thousands of dollars of work performed by Dr. Secter (crowns, fillings, root canals in his earlier years and when I was a lot younger, and a couple partial plates to name a few high priced ones) most of which I commend him on. I've never been in arrears to Dr. Secter and know for the most part he has taken good care of my mouth.......... until recently. One of the crowns I had completed a number of years back, after the work was done, I had asked Dr. Secter (and suggested) that that specific crown looked too high (with substantial exposure at the base of the tooth). Dr. Secter had said that it was gum shrinkage, which I didn't agree/buy that answer. I truly believe that this particular tooth should have had more crown coverage than I was lead to believe. It was a terrible mold and installation. Lets zip ahead several years. That same crown comes off, which Dr. Secter cemented back in for me for a cost. Then a few months later it comes off again (which I thought was the case), but it wasn't. The tooth had rotted at the base and broke off. I wrote Dr. Secter a letter stating my case and the longevity of how I lived with a crappy installation and he didn't agree and told me "there was nothing he could do about it" and that he could perform more work, which would again be thousands of dollars. I was holding Dr. Secter accountable and he blew me off. I have since had another filling shrink (which was a year old) and that tooth has cracked in half. This work was all performed by Dr. Secter and I feel at the very least, he should meet me half way instead of wanting to pass both of these off as my fault and charge me full price. I have never been so hurt and devastated by a professional that I placed my trust, loyalty and respect in, only to be told after all this situation had been addressed and talked about between Dr. Secter and myself, that "if I'm not happy, he would be more than happy to transfer my dental records to another practice". WHAT????????????? OMG, talk about being honest, upfront and loyal for close to 30 years, to have suggested to take my teeth issues and go elsewhere. If you are reading this, you will agree with me, that Dr. Secter is a very nice man and has had decades of high success, due to his workmanship, knowledge, being forthright, great staff AND most importantly his massive clientele base. Well, I have not seen another dentist, I am living and working every single day with not 1, but TWO huge holes in my mouth, that I know one day will probably abscess costing me even more. Dr. Secter, if you read this, you know exactly who I am and I am do utterly discouraged by your lack of respect, loyalty to my and most importantly, your EXTREME unprofessional lack of sympathy for a man that has known you and trusted you since I was in my 20's (and now 50)........... when I really needed you and your expertise, kindness and trust the most. Telling me I could go elsewhere was said in very poor taste. My mouth is presently in the horrible shape it is, strictly because of SL Dental, more specifically Dr. Shep Secter. Oh and my name is Andrew T 403-923-2015

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I have been a patient of Shep Secter for years. Dr. Sean Lee is now working with Shep and he as well is a superb dentist. I has repaired a couple teeth and provided a crown to replace one tooth. It was a very competant professional experience. I highly recommend Sean.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I recently had a cap replaced on one of my teeth. The work, as always, was done efficiently and quickly with the use of up-to-date technology in a very pleasant environment. I had no discomfort during or after the replacement. Dr. Secter's office provides top-of-the-line dental care!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr Sector for several years now. I wish I had found him years ago. I am one of those that get very nervous but Dr Shep and his team have made me comfortable. I needed extensive work including implants. Their knowledge and understanding is the best you could find.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I have been a patient of Shep's for too long to remember. I have always been completely satisfied with the quality of the service and the punctuality of the staff. I had major work done some years ago, Crowns and a Bridge. The one Crown was faulty and came apart within a year. Shep replaced it free of charge and many years later they look and feel great. I would highly recommend Shep and his team.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I've been a patient at Dr. Secter's for the past 14 years and I've had nothing but a positive experience. The only doctor I know that actually runs on time! His staff is outstanding with everything they do. If you are looking for the best dentist in Calgary, I highly recommend Dr.Secter and his fabulous team.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Staff is very professional and friendly, Dr. Secter is very passionate and meticulous about his job, he provides me with a very personalized treatment accordingly to my budget and needs, he designed a corrective and aesthetic dental plan for me with my Dental Surgeon Dr. Sean Lee and I am extremely happy with the results, thanks to Dr. Secter, Dr. Lee and their teams I will have a beautiful smile on my upcoming wedding day! :) Meli

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

A little more expensive but well worth it. Far, far superior to any other dentist I have experienced.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

No longer see this dentist for a couple of reasons. First, I was tired of being endlessly harassed (yes, harassed) to book cleaning appointments. Second, did a poor job on a crown. Finally, he doesn't do kids.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

I would recommend Dr. Secter to anyone wishing to ensure they are in the best possible care. Professional, knowledgeable and compassionate. The staff are top notch and very pleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013