Ratings for Dr. Joseph Alia

I have been seeing Dr. Alia for over 10 years now and will never go anywhere else. He is a fantastic, down to earth doctor. He truly cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr Alia has always been very helpful and knowledgeable. The staff at the office is great. On more than one occasion, he has given me options for treatment so I can choose what I feel will work best for me but at the same time, is always willing to answer questions I have. The staff is usually very quick and wait times are short.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

Dr is great but the problem is his office WAY over books patients. Average wait time is over 45 min and waiting room so small I always end up waiting outside til they call us. Because of this i do not like going in especially if I am sick. and then they have the nerve to charge you if you canc or arrive more than 15 min late. even though you will be waiting more than that

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Alia for about 8 months now. I have NEVER had to wait more than 10 minutes in the waiting room or 5 minutes in his office. The staff called me by name of my second visit (maybe because I was joking around with them the first time) He spent nearly an hour with me my first visit and is always extremely thorough and knowledgeable, making sure to go through his whole "list" before letting me go. I am VERY pleased with his care and would highly recommend him... oh wait... that means ya'll will call and then he'll get over booked and then he'll be stressed and I'll have a longer wait time....sigh. oh well, he's worth the wait. Go ahead, call him. I'll share.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

I love Dr. Alia, he is the best of Tempe, his Nurse is the best, I been seen him for two years with no complaint. The staff is not perfect but they make a good team.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

The absolute best doctor I have EVER been to. I have been seeing Dr. Alia for the past 4 years, as well as my husband and children. Staff has gotten better recently, but up until a few months ago were complete morons (a few exempt). The staff has never been truly reflective of Dr. Alia's abilities or practice. Otherwise, I have always been happy with my visit. He uses common sense and intuition to really get to the core of the problem. He listens extremely well and I have never felt rushed by him.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

I have been seeing Dr Alia for over 6 years. He is a very knowledgeable and caring doctor- I would never go to anyone else! He answers all my questions and works with me on payments since I am uninsured- he even gives me my prescriptions for free which normally cost me $250 a month out of pocket! I have a chronic condition, and he has helped me to get it and keep it under control- thanks Dr Alia!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Dr. Alia is a great doctor. Excellent bedside manner, is able to get you in for an important problem in less than 24 hours. Majority of staff is highly qualified, goes out of their way to help. For example: On numerous occasions I was having chronic sinus infection problems. I called in the morning was asked if I could come in that morning and wait until Dr. Alia could fit me in. I never waited for more than 45 minutes! Only negative- often he is over scheduled and can't spend more than 5 to 10 minutes with you. Overall, knowledgeable Doctor, Excellent staff, punctual and available. I have been with Tempe Family Practice for over ten years and would recommend Dr. Alia too my friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

What a waste of my time! After waiting about 1 1/2 hours in the waiting room (because the staff forgot to put my chart up) I had to wait another hour in the exam room before Dr. Alia came in and spent his 2 minutes with me! He was very uncaring and made it pretty clear that he needed to get going because he had to go golfing! His staff was sloppy and unprofessional. I don't know what kind of management he has going on there, but it doesn't appear that anyone there knows what they are doing! I would NEVER go back there!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Alia is someone we followed from his old practice in Chandler because he is that caring and knowledgable. He really listens, and his diagnosis of a thyroid problem impressed the specialist I saw. Even if Dr. Alia isn't available, his PA David is excellent. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2008

Dr. Joseph Alia's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal