Ratings for Dr. Tony Finelli

Dr Finelli is the guy to see if you have prostate cancer- compassionate, brilliant and explains things in simple terms. You are incredibly lucky if he is your oncologist!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2019

Had prostate cancer surgery November 2018. The entire team was top of their game. Very well organized, knowledgeable, the entire process went so smoothly. Almost a year later, I can't say enough about Dr. Tony Finelli and his entire team. Thank you all for taking such good care of me.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2019

A very competent,compassionate, knowledgeable, kind and the straight to the point surgeon. I went to get a second opinion form him and he told me that" if not today, for sure I will need the surgery tomorrow". So I got my prostate removed on July 2, 2019. Luckily and thanks to him, this timely intervention helped me from preventing cancer spread out of Prostate gland. No wonder that he is known as one of the best Urologist in Canada and well known in the world. I will recommend him to every body.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2019

A passionate surgeon and explains process of operation Always follows up and checks my condition

flag | Submitted July 27, 2019

Lacks compassion, patience, knowledge, humanity. He took the oath to help patients improve , to give them hope & strength not to destroy their moral & life by being abrupt &rude.

Submitted July 8, 2019

Amazing Dr. extremely knowledgable, kind, professional and straight to the point. Couldn't be any happier with the outcome. My father is now free from prostate cancer, thanks to the amazing work of Dr Finelli and his wonderful team for performing radical prostatectomy. My father was diagnosed with aggressive form of prostate cancer on May 2018 (PSA approx. 26). Upon hearing many plausible reviews from relatives and reading online reviews we decided to go with Dr Finelli for treatment. The wait time was longer than expected for the first consultation however from there he did all he could to expedite the process and give the earliest possible time for surgery. His staff helped get all the necessary tests prior to the operation to prevent any complications down the road. The surgery took place late September 2018 and the outcome was astounding. My father had a short recovery time regaining full control of urination in less than 1 month. His PSA has dropped to (0.06) now (6 months post operation) and has also partially regained phallus. We are extremely honoured and happy to have met with Dr Finelli and would like to recommend him to anyone that is undergoing the same process. He is not only one of the best urologists in Canada but is also well known in the urology association worldwide given that many doctors abroad are familiar with his outstanding work. Thank You!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2019

Wonderful, knowledgeable and professional. So happy to have had him on my case.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

Thank you Dr Finelli! I cannot thank you enough. My family cannot thank you enough. You are doing great work and making a difference in the lives of prostate cancer patients. Dr Finelli performed robotic assisted radical prostatectomy on me in March 2018. I can honestly say that I have never felt better in my life. I have experienced none - NONE of the troublesome and all too common complications from this surgery. I wore a pad for incontinence for about a week following the removal of the catheter. Since that first week no issues with incontinence - totally dry. I have not had any problems with the sexual complications commonly associated with the surgery. Really and to be honest the only signs I have of having had the surgery are 6 small scars that are fading and my PSA is now undetectable. After my diagnosis I was depressed and anxious and now I am happy and full of hope. This man is a genius as well as being patient, caring and compassionate. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

I HAVE NOTHING BUT WONDERFUL THINGS TO SAY ABOUT DR FINELLI. HE SAVED 2/3 OF MY KIDNEY BY JUST REMOVING THE TUMOR. HE IS SO EASY TO TALK TO , HE ANSWERS ALL UR QUESTIONS AND IS SO KINDHEARTED . COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER UROLOGIST/SURGEON.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

I had been dealing prostate cancer for a little over a year when I learned that surgery was required. I had heard that Dr. Antonio Finelli was very highly regarded and got a referral from my family doctor. The initial consultation went longer than they anticipated but they were very patient, as my wife and I asked them every question we could think of. At this first meeting I was very impressed with Dr. Finelli’s care, understanding and knowledge. Tony and his team were thorough and attentive and they had gained my trust. Soon the surgery was scheduled along with a half day pre-surgery interview at Toronto General. On interview day, you meet with all of the teams who are responsible for your pre- and post-surgery care. Bring your partner or a friend and give them a note pad. You have to pay attention as there is so much information to take in. They are very thorough and they take your situation quite seriously. Something showed up on one of my tests that required a bone scan. Dr. Finelli carefully explained why it was necessary. While it meant an unexpected added visit to the hospital for me, it is a good example of the care and attention he brings to his patients to ensure the best possible outcomes. After four or five months I was feeling myself again and at nine months I’m back on my bicycle and loving life as I continue adapting to the “new normal” as it is called. I continue to go for my regular follow up appointments – so far so good. Princess Margaret, Toronto General and the UHN (University Health Network) combine forces and do their best to provide excellent care. Dr. Finelli, I can’t thank you and your team enough for your care, for your attention and, for saving my life really.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018