Ratings for Dr. Tony Finelli

I had been dealing prostate cancer for a little over a year when I learned that surgery was required. I had heard that Dr. Antonio Finelli was very highly regarded and got a referral from my family doctor. The initial consultation went longer than they anticipated but they were very patient, as my wife and I asked them every question we could think of. At this first meeting I was very impressed with Dr. Finelli’s care, understanding and knowledge. Tony and his team were thorough and attentive and they had gained my trust. Soon the surgery was scheduled along with a half day pre-surgery interview at Toronto General. On interview day, you meet with all of the teams who are responsible for your pre- and post-surgery care. Bring your partner or a friend and give them a note pad. You have to pay attention as there is so much information to take in. They are very thorough and they take your situation quite seriously. Something showed up on one of my tests that required a bone scan. Dr. Finelli carefully explained why it was necessary. While it meant an unexpected added visit to the hospital for me, it is a good example of the care and attention he brings to his patients to ensure the best possible outcomes. After four or five months I was feeling myself again and at nine months I’m back on my bicycle and loving life as I continue adapting to the “new normal” as it is called. I continue to go for my regular follow up appointments – so far so good. Princess Margaret, Toronto General and the UHN (University Health Network) combine forces and do their best to provide excellent care. Dr. Finelli, I can’t thank you and your team enough for your care, for your attention and, for saving my life really.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Doctor Finelli is an excellent Uro-Oncologist. He is so calm and his demeanor and knowledge radiates such assurance in his diagnosis as well as his surgical skills. Performed a TURP on me.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr. Antonio Finelli is an excellent Uro-Oncologist who performed an investigative surgical procedure on me. He is very professional, kind, polite and punctual. He explained everything in brief to me in plain language. He is absolutely down to earth and the best urologist you can find.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I can not say enough for Dr. Finelli as a skilled surgeon, kind person and as busy as he is, always willing to take a few minutes with you. He did my radical prostate surgery in 2006, I have nothing but the best to say about this doctor and this man. Thank you Tony Finelli .

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Incredible doc ...Love his dedication, care and knowledge and straightforward convo style ...His staff is awesome too ... quite helpful and accommodating ...I am very thankful that I had good fortune to get care from Dr. Finelli and his team .. I would highly recommend him if you have any troubles with your prostate or if you happen to have had a bad luck as I did ...I would not have wanted to be in any other hands then Dr. Finelli's and his team. BTW I am recovering from the Robotic surgery and things are good and to that I must thank Princess Margaret and Toronto General staff, and especially entire surgery team and Dr. Finelli who performed the surgery. Doc you are making a difference !!! Thank you !!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Thank you for the ongoing treatments and hands on... Princess Margaret and Dr. Finelli & Staff always puts hope back in your heart where it belongs and always get the best results... Can't rate these guys high enough, they're just the very best at what they do!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr Finelli performed robotic surgery on my husband for prostrate cancer. He was able to do 100% nerve sparing and the results were amazing. He was discharged from the hospital the next day and has had little to no leakage and did not require any pain medication since the day he left. He felt so well he actually wondered if he really had the prostrate removed. It did take a few months to wait for the surgery, which is difficult when you are diagnosed with cancer, but we were reassured that as he was at an intermediate stage a few months would not make any difference. We are so pleased we waited for Dr Finelli to perform the surgery, he is a remarkable surgeon and the outcome and care could not have been better. Last week he had his 3 month follow up and PSA is down to zero, and his margins were clear. LA

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Tony Finelli in the very best. PERIOD. A terrific surgeon and a wonderful person.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I was referred by my family doctor due to my enlarged prostate issues. Dr. Finelli was to see at the Toronto Hospital but only spends couple of minutes to discuss any issues and than gone anything else has to be discussed to his interns or his assisting doctors. Ever since they changed my appointments to see him in his office at the Princess Margrate hospital, i have in this past few years only seen him once and the rest of the time seen by his interns and assistant doctors who have barely the full knowledge and than refer you to other doctors. At this point I am regretting even sticking around for so long as now I am going through alot of difficulties with my enlarged prostate and my left side getting numbed from waist down and no treatments. When I asked his assistant doctor if there was a way through blood work to detect cancer, i was told their hospitals dont have the facilities for advanced screening that is Princess margrate/Toronto General and Mount Sinai. Yet i received an email through someone that had my last PSA results with reference as if my free PSA ratio was above and below certain numbers, i possibly have cancer up to certain percentage! Now i am trying to get in to see dr. finelly and i am being given over 2 months appointment and here i am freaking out with the thought if i have cancer even little than why am i not being called in and put on treatment? Very upset with all this and definitely dont think these doctors care about patients, they care about their pockets. Yet i am stressed out and they dont care

Submitted May 24, 2017

Thank you Dr. Finelli for thinking and acting as I was very important patient. Dr. Finelli did not give up on my cancer and had considered all possible options, selected one of the options, and so far, thank to his relentless approach and unwavering attitude I enjoy every minute of my life. I am lucky that hi is in charge of my case. I was and am impressed by his decision-making process - taking into consideration all pros and cons and selecting a treatment which should lead to the best possible outcome. I wish more people could and should learn from him the attitude, soft skills and methodology of helping other people to survive and have happy lives!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017