Ratings for Dr. Tony Finelli

Thank you Dr Finelli! I cannot thank you enough. My family cannot thank you enough. You are doing great work and making a difference in the lives of prostate cancer patients. Dr Finelli performed robotic assisted radical prostatectomy on me in March 2018. I can honestly say that I have never felt better in my life. I have experienced none - NONE of the troublesome and all too common complications from this surgery. I wore a pad for incontinence for about a week following the removal of the catheter. Since that first week no issues with incontinence - totally dry. I have not had any problems with the sexual complications commonly associated with the surgery. Really and to be honest the only signs I have of having had the surgery are 6 small scars that are fading and my PSA is now undetectable. After my diagnosis I was depressed and anxious and now I am happy and full of hope. This man is a genius as well as being patient, caring and compassionate. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2018

I HAVE NOTHING BUT WONDERFUL THINGS TO SAY ABOUT DR FINELLI. HE SAVED 2/3 OF MY KIDNEY BY JUST REMOVING THE TUMOR. HE IS SO EASY TO TALK TO , HE ANSWERS ALL UR QUESTIONS AND IS SO KINDHEARTED . COULD NOT ASK FOR A BETTER UROLOGIST/SURGEON.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

I had been dealing prostate cancer for a little over a year when I learned that surgery was required. I had heard that Dr. Antonio Finelli was very highly regarded and got a referral from my family doctor. The initial consultation went longer than they anticipated but they were very patient, as my wife and I asked them every question we could think of. At this first meeting I was very impressed with Dr. Finelli’s care, understanding and knowledge. Tony and his team were thorough and attentive and they had gained my trust. Soon the surgery was scheduled along with a half day pre-surgery interview at Toronto General. On interview day, you meet with all of the teams who are responsible for your pre- and post-surgery care. Bring your partner or a friend and give them a note pad. You have to pay attention as there is so much information to take in. They are very thorough and they take your situation quite seriously. Something showed up on one of my tests that required a bone scan. Dr. Finelli carefully explained why it was necessary. While it meant an unexpected added visit to the hospital for me, it is a good example of the care and attention he brings to his patients to ensure the best possible outcomes. After four or five months I was feeling myself again and at nine months I’m back on my bicycle and loving life as I continue adapting to the “new normal” as it is called. I continue to go for my regular follow up appointments – so far so good. Princess Margaret, Toronto General and the UHN (University Health Network) combine forces and do their best to provide excellent care. Dr. Finelli, I can’t thank you and your team enough for your care, for your attention and, for saving my life really.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Doctor Finelli is an excellent Uro-Oncologist. He is so calm and his demeanor and knowledge radiates such assurance in his diagnosis as well as his surgical skills. Performed a TURP on me.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr. Finelli is a dr. That does his job with passion and care for his patients. He explains everything about your condition and answers all the questions asked with knowledge and shows compassion. (What a patient needs) I would recommend Dr.Finelli over & over again to all who need attention in his profession!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Dr. Antonio Finelli is an excellent Uro-Oncologist who performed an investigative surgical procedure on me. He is very professional, kind, polite and punctual. He explained everything in brief to me in plain language. He is absolutely down to earth and the best urologist you can find.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

I can not say enough for Dr. Finelli as a skilled surgeon, kind person and as busy as he is, always willing to take a few minutes with you. He did my radical prostate surgery in 2006, I have nothing but the best to say about this doctor and this man. Thank you Tony Finelli .

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Incredible doc ...Love his dedication, care and knowledge and straightforward convo style ...His staff is awesome too ... quite helpful and accommodating ...I am very thankful that I had good fortune to get care from Dr. Finelli and his team .. I would highly recommend him if you have any troubles with your prostate or if you happen to have had a bad luck as I did ...I would not have wanted to be in any other hands then Dr. Finelli's and his team. BTW I am recovering from the Robotic surgery and things are good and to that I must thank Princess Margaret and Toronto General staff, and especially entire surgery team and Dr. Finelli who performed the surgery. Doc you are making a difference !!! Thank you !!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Thank you for the ongoing treatments and hands on... Princess Margaret and Dr. Finelli & Staff always puts hope back in your heart where it belongs and always get the best results... Can't rate these guys high enough, they're just the very best at what they do!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr Finelli performed robotic surgery on my husband for prostrate cancer. He was able to do 100% nerve sparing and the results were amazing. He was discharged from the hospital the next day and has had little to no leakage and did not require any pain medication since the day he left. He felt so well he actually wondered if he really had the prostrate removed. It did take a few months to wait for the surgery, which is difficult when you are diagnosed with cancer, but we were reassured that as he was at an intermediate stage a few months would not make any difference. We are so pleased we waited for Dr Finelli to perform the surgery, he is a remarkable surgeon and the outcome and care could not have been better. Last week he had his 3 month follow up and PSA is down to zero, and his margins were clear. LA

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017