Ratings for Dr. RICHARD A. Kesselring

This was our first pregnancy and we experienced a miscarriage...This is how our apointments went: At our first appointment with Dr. Kesselring, the baby wasn't measuring at the size it should. He merely said, it should be bigger than this; we're going to send you for blood work and we'll follow up next week...With no explanation of anything and no opportunity to ask any questions. I ended up on bed rest per his nurse the next day with more issues the day after, so they scheduled us for an appointment for the day after...Nikki at the front desk was atrocious. She should not be speaking to patients at all. When we got to the office, she gave me my blood test results and asked if I would like them to order my old birth control for me THROUGH THE RECEPTION WINDOW...With another patient in the waiting area! After I looked at her and then around the room, she took me back into a room to tell me the same thing again once my husband joined us...Then she let us leave and chased us down in the lot because she forgot that we had an actual appointment. Kesselring attended to us and was more personable...But this was after we had already lost our baby...I am just so disappointed about our experience as he was highly recommended to me by both my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law. I will say that his nurse Bonnie is the only good thing that I have to say about his practice.

Submitted September 21, 2014

I went to Dr. Kesselring for my third pregnancy and he was such a breath of fresh air. Everyone in the office was friendly and professional and made me feel comfortable and at ease. The wait is virtually nonexistent in their office, which was such a welcome change compared to the other OB offices I have been to where the wait was over an hour with every single appointment. He is very knowledgeable and was able to answer every question I could think of satisfactorily. While I was in the hospital in labor day things moved very quickly and he was able to get there in a flash for the delivery. Very happy with my experience with Dr Kesselring and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I have recommended Dr. Kesselring to many different people. He is always on time, very nice, & knows exactly what he is doing. Not 2 mention the fact that he's a high risk OB.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I visited this doctor for my yearly checkup. He suggested I could take birth control to help with my periods. When I expressed my concern about the safety of birth control medications the doctor became extremely aggravated and defensive. I started to explain that I had seen commercials and read articles about Yaz and other products and I wasn't sure I was willing to risk side effects just to eleviate menstrual cramps. He was so adamnt and forceful with his opinion that I ended up in tears sitting there in the exam room because I felt so uncomfortable with the way he reacted. I politley thanked him for his time and told him that I no longer felt comfortable with proceeding. He didn't apologize or reassure me, he simply said ok and walked out of the room as I ran crying out of the office! Completely unprofessional and a severe lack of compassion in a field where it is necessary. I would never go back there and would encourage anyone reading this to go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

i went to the emergence room with some female problems and the ER dr schelduled me a ulta sound and i went to DR. KESSLERINGfor my results and to try to figure out my problems that i was having and he was very rude and no help all the only could tell me was i was obese and that i had a cyst on my overy i left his office in shock and very disstraught and hurt my family and i both feel that i am far from being obese and he needs to put his patient care in his best interest all my problem were based on me being obesed i am lookin for a different doctor and dont plan on returning to him for my next appt

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

I do not recommend him. First of all he seems to care more about his patients jobs than his patients; ex. even work has said I should probably be off work, but he will not take anyone off work ever. Also seems to think I should feel lucky he gave me restrictions as he doesn't like to do that. Also anytime I have a problem he immediately sends me to another doctor and doesn't really offer any information on what could be going on. He also doesn't give enough time to his appointment. My fiancée had a list of questions to ask him and he left the room without asking if we had any questions or anything. Just went out and told the nurse what to schedule and went on to his next patient. Also scared me with a blood test I had done, calling me mid morning to tell me there was an issue with it, having an ultrasound done to help evaluate it then making me wait almost a month to hear anything about it, and still what I heard wasn't informative at all. I learned more from the internet.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

I have recommended him to several people. Almost always on time and very willing to answer questions.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Dr. RICHARD A. Kesselring's Credentials

• Marshall University School Medicine (Grad. 1989)

GHI