Ratings for Dr. Humaira Cassam

This physician is a homophobic C*nt. Complained to the college & OHIP

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

I started seeing Dr. Cassam as a walk-in patient but have continued seeing her as a primary care physician because I like her so much. And coming from a person who despises going to doctors, trust me when I say that means a lot! I find her warm, caring, compassionate and she has a great bedside manner. I don't feel like a number, I feel like a real person. The wait times aren't the best, and since she works out of a walk-in now getting appointments can be a bit more difficult, though she does often have same week appointments when I do book one. Despite these issues I am happy to continue seeing her. I have never met a doctor before her that I was willing to see again.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

She is awesome in many ways. Very helpful and polite. Keeping on time seems to be an issue for her, you always have to wait long even if you have an appointment. Also it takes a long time to even get an appointment, which sucks when you have an emergency. Some of the staff are impersonable, but there are a few that are very helpful and polite despite being very busy.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

Dr. Cassam is a very helpful, knowledgeable and caring. She also takes a TON of time off making it near impossible to get an appointment. And if i made Dr cash id take lots of time off too! Every clinic/doc has problems, all in all she's a great doctor!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Dr Cassam is a great doctor. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. I have been with her for 10 years now. Yes sometimes you do have to wait a bit longer but its not always her fault. People who show up late delay her and agree that her staff could use some professional training. Other than those minor issues overall she is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Cassam is very caring and compassionate, making it easier to convey what issues are at hand. Unfortunately, the staff who work the front desk seem to be constantly distracted and not very personable, leaving the patient with a sour taste in their mouth before even being treated. Perhaps if Dr. Cassam hired some professional admin assistants (and not students or people who have clearly chosen the wrong profession), this wouldn't be a problem. In any case, Dr. Cassam's care is excellent, and I feel 100% comfortable and reassured when in her care.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

I have "followed" Dr. Cassam around town since the early 90's. The only doctor that didn't pat me on the head and suggest I take an asprin. Waiting time is long, sure, but she listens, is very compassionate, and of great support.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

She made me wait 45 mins when i had a appt and then she was rushing me out the door. The lady at the front kept texting and would make me wait before she would take my health card. NOT GOOD

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Dr. Cassam has been my doctor for well over 15 years. Extremely helful, and very very nice. I'm always quite comfortable telling her anything personal about my visit. Never intimidating...I won't see anyone else.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

This Doctor and her staff are not an organization you want to be helping you with your health. She is kind but does not respond to any emergency's if it does not suite her schedule. If you as a patient want to trust and feel taken care of, I would highly recommend another Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011