Ratings for Dr. Michael Coughlin

Dr Coughlin is an excellent doctor. Although at first I found his bedside manner intense, once I got to know him he became less so. His care and thoroughness calmed me as I am a big baby with any medical procedure. Thank you Dr. Coughlin, you are the best. Keep up the good work! Sincerely, LK

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Had xyphoidectomy and mass removed from my chest excellent doctor and very helpful with making my surgery successful.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Being only 26 years old and having a tumour discovered on the my right side.. I was referred to Dr Coughlin. He took immediate action, he took out 3 ribs with replacement, he came into see me when I woke from recovery and was around when I left the hospital 2 weeks later. Very throughout and I was cancer free. He was took his time with me and made sure all questions were answered. I appriecate the quick surgery and all he did for me.. a little eccentric but overall I like to say he did what he had to do and did it well. My scars are barely noticeable and clean. Thank you Dr Caughlin for helping me out and doing a great job.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

I was diagnosed in November 2010 with lung cancer, I was stage 3 and my chances to be a successful surgery wasn't very good due to my breathing capacity and the size of the tumour. Dr Coughlin decided to take the chance and do the surgery, I also went through chemo as he suggested, he was a very good Dr. and saved my life, I can't say enough about how awesome he is, I am celebrating 5 years with no reoccurrence. I thank him very much for saving my life !!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Coughlin. My Cancer was caught early, the operation went well. Dr. Coughlin and his staff answered all our questions, because of his experience I always felt in good hands...and I thank him for saving my life.... September 2014

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Coughlin, while he may lack in bedside manner, was very quick on my cancer and removing my lobe. No chemo or radiation required. Stage one.Very lucky. I think "resembled a neanderthal" comment below is horrible and not relevant to a doctor's ability. Only thing lacking is his wife needs to be more on top of things, and empathetic too. She is very bad at retrieving phone messages left, let alone returning calls.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I found Dr.Coughlin to be a caring person. He works very hard and took great care of me.No complaints at all.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Wow, too bad their arn't enough Thoracic surgeons in Windsor. Had a cancer pt. that needed a Thoracic Surgeon, the one chosen was away. He barked questions at me, if only he looked at the reports that were sent to him first. He didn't have any elective time for at least a month. He paged the referring dr. and was rude to him making him feel like the only reason by he called him was there was no other choice. Wow! Unprofessional, egotistical. The patient was referred to the cancer clinic instead.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Performed biopsy & chest tube on my father, diagnosed mesothelioma. Saw another dr. who was not convinced diagnosis was correct, 2nd dr. said chest tube had been left in too long and removed it. No one told us the hole from a chest tube left in too long might not heal & it didn't. We were unhappy with the care he received, by this dr. and most of the hospital staff(at the time this Dr. was acting CEO)and moved my father to another hospital where he received excellent care. He died 2 weeks later, autopsey revealed pancreatic cancer, not meso. I can forgive the misdiagnosis but while under his care my fathers chest tube became blocked. This Dr. "milked" the tube & told Dad he would be in pain for about 30 min. He was in ACUTE pain for over 7 hours, Dr. never responded to pages, his assistant did NOTHING, his nurse did nothing. Finally another Dr. on rounds gave him a double dose of morphine and relieved it. For this I can never forgive him, he has no heart for his patients.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Decided to go on March break instead of operating on my father who needed immediate surgery. By the time he came back, my dad's tumour had grown double in size. I would never go to this guy again.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008