Ratings for Dr. Michael Coughlin

I was diagnosed in November 2010 with lung cancer, I was stage 3 and my chances to be a successful surgery wasn't very good due to my breathing capacity and the size of the tumour. Dr Coughlin decided to take the chance and do the surgery, I also went through chemo as he suggested, he was a very good Dr. and saved my life, I can't say enough about how awesome he is, I am celebrating 5 years with no reoccurrence. I thank him very much for saving my life !!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Coughlin. My Cancer was caught early, the operation went well. Dr. Coughlin and his staff answered all our questions, because of his experience I always felt in good hands...and I thank him for saving my life.... September 2014

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Coughlin, while he may lack in bedside manner, was very quick on my cancer and removing my lobe. No chemo or radiation required. Stage one.Very lucky. I think "resembled a neanderthal" comment below is horrible and not relevant to a doctor's ability. Only thing lacking is his wife needs to be more on top of things, and empathetic too. She is very bad at retrieving phone messages left, let alone returning calls.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I found Dr.Coughlin to be a caring person. He works very hard and took great care of me.No complaints at all.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

Wow, too bad their arn't enough Thoracic surgeons in Windsor. Had a cancer pt. that needed a Thoracic Surgeon, the one chosen was away. He barked questions at me, if only he looked at the reports that were sent to him first. He didn't have any elective time for at least a month. He paged the referring dr. and was rude to him making him feel like the only reason by he called him was there was no other choice. Wow! Unprofessional, egotistical. The patient was referred to the cancer clinic instead.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Performed biopsy & chest tube on my father, diagnosed mesothelioma. Saw another dr. who was not convinced diagnosis was correct, 2nd dr. said chest tube had been left in too long and removed it. No one told us the hole from a chest tube left in too long might not heal & it didn't. We were unhappy with the care he received, by this dr. and most of the hospital staff(at the time this Dr. was acting CEO)and moved my father to another hospital where he received excellent care. He died 2 weeks later, autopsey revealed pancreatic cancer, not meso. I can forgive the misdiagnosis but while under his care my fathers chest tube became blocked. This Dr. "milked" the tube & told Dad he would be in pain for about 30 min. He was in ACUTE pain for over 7 hours, Dr. never responded to pages, his assistant did NOTHING, his nurse did nothing. Finally another Dr. on rounds gave him a double dose of morphine and relieved it. For this I can never forgive him, he has no heart for his patients.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Decided to go on March break instead of operating on my father who needed immediate surgery. By the time he came back, my dad's tumour had grown double in size. I would never go to this guy again.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Dr Coughlin was very very quick to diagnose me lung cancer two years ago, so quick ,I was not presenting any symptoms, it was found in the early stages and was successfully removed surgically, although I did need to endure chemo, I probably wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for Dr. Coughlin

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Doctor watched tumors grow in my fathers lungs for five years then told us it was to late to do anything.He sent him every year for a cat scan to watch the growth of the spots on his lungs instead of removing them before they became cancerous.He also has no bed side maner

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

My husband was diagnosed with lung cancer and we were under the impression that things were terminal. We visited Dr. Coughlin and he was very thorough and positive Dr. He has been cancer free now for 4 years, thanks to Dr. Coughlin.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007