Ratings for Dr. Theresa Vienneau

She only cares about the money. No empathy, rude and over 2 hrs late. Shocked she is still working it must be desperate

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

I met Dr T. Vienneau about 5 years ago. At the time, I thought she was my saving grace. My MD has referred me to her as I was in a depressive state. Almost immediately, Dr V. made me feel very comfortable in her office, explaining she was very familiar with my case as my MD had provided a lot of information to her prior to my appt. However, she took the time needed to listen to both my husband and I as he had come with me for moral support. After a history and current symptoms were discussed, Dr V prescribed me some medication and diagnosed me as having bipolar disorder. This is where things went off the rails. She explained that bipolar can be hereditary and due the fact that both my father and younger sister have bipolar than I too, must also have the condition. So, I began the trek of various meds and dosages of them. I did not question the diagnosis until I became well enough to think clearly. I have witnessed various depressive episodes and exhausting highs through my dad and my sis. I understand the condition and its uniqueness all to well. I have been the rock in my family who has helped them through it a number of times! I have researched extensively and this is where I got confused. Properly defined, as per the NIMH: Bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive illness, is a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. The uncanny thing is that I have not ever experienced a manic episode! I have had depression and anxiety several times - but no mania! So, how am I BIPOLAR....good question! I researched more, visited other specialists (naturopath, psychologists, another psychiatrist, counselors, etc.) and the response I received was one of confusion... after all how can a person be considered bipolar if they have not experienced manic episodes.... One psychiatrist I saw read the entire definition along with symptomology, complete with medical terminology, from her medical books. THAT WAS EXTREMELY ENLIGHTENING AND HELPFUL - NOT!!!! She deemed that I in fact am bipolar but actually it is more like a unipolar. More confused than ever, I left the office never to return. (but she left shortly thereafter anyway!) So, a couple years later or so when experiencing another depression, I requested to see someone other than Dr. V. This time, the Dr seemed very open to my suggestion of a possibly incorrect diagnosis. BUT, this Dr Sanjana was so busy that she was willing to do phone appointments. In the beginning I thought it was great, but it quickly was not! I was able to come out of the depression with two meds and I continued on those for quite some time with periodic phone call check -ins. Then, last fall, I began to feel very anxious - about work mostly. I have a very demanding specialist position in four buildings. So, I went to my psychiatrist who felt my meds needed to be increased. We did and I was pretty good by Xmas. But after January, I started feeling better. So, she agreed to reduce the meds slowly to see how I could function on lower dosages and perhaps, without meds. So I tried it. But there was a miscommunication as this Dr calls it and my dosages were decreased too rapidly. So, by the end of Feb, things started to fall apart. It took until the end of June to feel normal again. So now I am on the same dosage of meds I had been prior to reducing. I feel really good, but my husband is concerned because he feels I may be feeling too good! I get what he means, but it has been so long since I felt normal, I am not sure what normal is any more! I know I feel good and this is the best summer we have had in 5 years, but I am concerned too. But, be rest assured, I will not be darkening either of these two doors any time soon. I hear Dr. Rideout from Antigonish is awesome!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

I could not believe it when I read the negative comments someone made about Dr. T. Vienneau. I just had to speak out. I know Dr. Vienneau and have had appointments with her over a number of years. To put it in the simplest terms as I can she is the reason I am here today. Dr. T Vienneau saved my life and it does not get much better than that. I remember that terrible day several years ago when I was down and I was about to cash it in. The pain of deep depression was worse than any physical pain I ever endured. I was helpless, did not know how to help myself and the walls appeared to be moving in on me. In fact it was the first time in my long life that I began to understand why a person could take their own life. Then I thought about Dr. Vienneau whom I had been referred to a short time earlier. I called her office in desperation and thankfully I was connected to her immediately. I think all I said to her after identifying myself was HELP I am in a very bad way. Immediately, she said go to the pharmacy as quickly and safely as you can, there will be medication waiting for you. This lady, Dr. Vienneau is very intelligent, very mannerly and as professional a doctor as I have ever met. And I met a lot of doctors over the past 70 years. There is no doubt in my mind my personal mental health was a concern for her. Although I found she had a bit of humour she was all business when it came to your medications. There was no doubt ever she was the boss and had no time for people who ignored her instructions. For a patient not to take their medications because they think the doctor is benefiting financially tells me all I need to know about that person. You don't get a degree from the University of Toronto, especially in psychiatry, unless you are really on the ball, I mean smart, smart, smart. B.R.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

This doctor could care less. I found her questions were often rude and she lacked empathy and came off as cold and insincere. I did not want to take the medication she prescribed me because I felt that she was getting incentives from the drug company. I will not be back to see her.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Amazing such empathy.works with you .so wonderful at listening and reassuring.I would not be here today without her treatment and continued support! DR Vienneau Is so intelligent and truley a wonderful DR and human being!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

I saw Dr. Vienneau in 2005, when she was at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. She was absolutely fantastic. Very supportive, insightful and shared my sense of humour when I needed it. I would highly recommend Dr. Vienneau.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

this doctor is very knoledgeble very accepting and very keen.she dose not push the issue nor try to tell you how smart she is.if dr.vienneau was a poker player she would be all in every time.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr. Teresa Vienneau is an amazing psychiatrist. She comes from a more modern, less clinical style of psychiatry than her much older counterparts. She is not just there to adjust medication dosages. She cares, she listens, she treats clients with the utmost of respect. It is a comfortable experience going to see her in this world where mental illness still has stigmas attached. I would recommend her to anyone requiring help in this area. In fact, I have recommended her to several people.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. Vienneau is an awsome doctor. She's a very bright, intelligent lady. She cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007