Ratings for Dr. Theresa Vienneau

I first saw Dr. Vienneau a few years ago after struggling most of my life and finally hitting rock bottom. I was able to get in to see her very quickly and after about 15 years of doctor after doctor she finally gave me the diagnosis that has forever changed my life! I would not be here today living my best possible life if it were not for her. Every day is a fight mentally for me but she gave me the tools to overcome it every time, and gave my husband the tools to help. I wish I still lived in NS to be able to continue seeing her!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

The Aberdeen Hospital is in a state of disaster and this not to be blamed on Dr. Vienneau. I first attended a session with Dr. Vienneau many years ago and to be quite frank she saved my life. So any attempt to suggest she is the source of the Aberdeen's many, many problems is hogwash. I watched the doctor over the years and the stress was most definitely showing signs. It was obvious to me she was trying too hard to do too much. The mess at our hospital cannot be resolved by one person. The reason we can't keep doctors in our area is caused by long standing personnel at this hospital. We have spent millions of dollars on this hospital but the same old cronies are running it. If a new doctor bucks the trend she/he is pushed out. Being old and experienced leads me to make several observations in this case. Dr. Vienneau was over worked and over extended. It was the good doctor's duty to doctor and not to be the administer of this department. She is first a doctor let a professional administer do the managining. Often in life we win sometimes but also have out disappointmentS. Dr. Vienneau was no different. There are no sure fired recipes to cure mental health problems. Very often it is trial and error. For a person to suggest she read a few pages in a book and that qualified her to question the doctor is a pile of bull. The lady said she began to feel better with treatment but got sick again because she changed her meds. What a is a no brainer, daaa you stop your meds you will be sick again. I am glad to see Dr. Vienneau move on and leave the Aberdeen's problems where they belong.... at the Aberdeen. If by luck Dr. Vienneau starts her own private practice as doctors in Truro and Antigonish have done, I will be the first at her door. So folks take a bow we just lost another mother Theresa!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I saw doctor Vino for a couple years , she diagnosed me bipolar like she does everyone else. Then all of a sudden I got a letter in the mail saying my case was closed for no reason leaving me with no one. After waiting over 2 years to get in to see someone she dropped me like I was just a piece of trash.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

She only cares about the money. No empathy, rude and over 2 hrs late. Shocked she is still working it must be desperate

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

I could not believe it when I read the negative comments someone made about Dr. T. Vienneau. I just had to speak out. I know Dr. Vienneau and have had appointments with her over a number of years. To put it in the simplest terms as I can she is the reason I am here today. Dr. T Vienneau saved my life and it does not get much better than that. I remember that terrible day several years ago when I was down and I was about to cash it in. The pain of deep depression was worse than any physical pain I ever endured. I was helpless, did not know how to help myself and the walls appeared to be moving in on me. In fact it was the first time in my long life that I began to understand why a person could take their own life. Then I thought about Dr. Vienneau whom I had been referred to a short time earlier. I called her office in desperation and thankfully I was connected to her immediately. I think all I said to her after identifying myself was HELP I am in a very bad way. Immediately, she said go to the pharmacy as quickly and safely as you can, there will be medication waiting for you. This lady, Dr. Vienneau is very intelligent, very mannerly and as professional a doctor as I have ever met. And I met a lot of doctors over the past 70 years. There is no doubt in my mind my personal mental health was a concern for her. Although I found she had a bit of humour she was all business when it came to your medications. There was no doubt ever she was the boss and had no time for people who ignored her instructions. For a patient not to take their medications because they think the doctor is benefiting financially tells me all I need to know about that person. You don't get a degree from the University of Toronto, especially in psychiatry, unless you are really on the ball, I mean smart, smart, smart. B.R.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Amazing such empathy.works with you .so wonderful at listening and reassuring.I would not be here today without her treatment and continued support! DR Vienneau Is so intelligent and truley a wonderful DR and human being!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

I saw Dr. Vienneau in 2005, when she was at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. She was absolutely fantastic. Very supportive, insightful and shared my sense of humour when I needed it. I would highly recommend Dr. Vienneau.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

this doctor is very knoledgeble very accepting and very keen.she dose not push the issue nor try to tell you how smart she is.if dr.vienneau was a poker player she would be all in every time.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr. Teresa Vienneau is an amazing psychiatrist. She comes from a more modern, less clinical style of psychiatry than her much older counterparts. She is not just there to adjust medication dosages. She cares, she listens, she treats clients with the utmost of respect. It is a comfortable experience going to see her in this world where mental illness still has stigmas attached. I would recommend her to anyone requiring help in this area. In fact, I have recommended her to several people.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. Vienneau is an awsome doctor. She's a very bright, intelligent lady. She cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Medical Mutual Of Ohio
Pomco
Preferred Care
Prime Health Services
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Secure Horizons