Ratings for Dr. Benjamin H. Venger

This Dr is actually great, however his staff is truly going to be his downfall. The girl who does the urine testing is the rudest nastiest of the bunch. Trying to say Good Morning to her is like speaking to the devil. Very sad because Dr Venger and Dr Janikowski excel in pain management and they really need to restaff and start over. The "nurses" act like we are ruining their day and can't be bothered with any concerns or questions you may have. I guess if I stood around 8 hrs a day with a urine cup in my hand calling out 50 names to be tested, I would be bitter too. Maybe that office staff should remember that we the patients make it possible to collect a paycheck every week. I highly doubt if any are truly licensed nurses or are medical professionals in this office. Clean house Dr Venger !!! The wait is bad enough but truly your staff is the worst around. Unprofessional and uncaring

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I had appointment at 1:15 and didn't get seen till 6:55 and walked out at 7:15. I've been seeing pain management specialists for 8yrs and this is the worst most uncaring group of doctors I've ever been involved with. The staff is just as lazy and uncaring has there doctors are. Find another place to go.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Very busy medical office. Forty five minutes after my scheduled appointment time I asked the desk clerk if she knew about how long the wait might be, and she gave me a dirty look and said as you can see your not the only one waiting, and told me I'd be called when it was my turn. Basically I felt treated like a child being told I was to be seen and not heard unless spoken too. I waited another full hour, (almost two hours total) before I was finally called back to sit in a room and wait some more. I was prescribed a medication no area pharmacy could fill, and by the time I got home I was crying in pain.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

We have never seen such an incredibly busy medical office. At the very last visit we had to wait in the car until a seat opened up in the lobby, but more patients kept coming in. One man was so upset he left after waiting too long. We can understand falling behind once in a while due to the important things which take place in a doctors office, but this has happened at every visit. Then to make matters harder, we have to hunt pharmacies to find our medication, and then wait there too. We really don't understand how the Doctor and his staff could possibly think seeing 60, 70, 80 patients a day every day is practicing quality medicine. Things will surely be missed. There is no way quality patient / doctor time can be achieved. Something needs to happen before a patient or two become collateral damage.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

I've been seeing Dr Venger for several years. He takes the time to listen to you, and being a former neuro surgeon, he's seen more than other pain doctors. Some doctors just hand out pills, not there, you sign a pain contract, and get drug tests regularly. He does the medical cannabis certifications for Arizona ADHS. This has helped myself and other patients to reduce, or stop taking opioids in favor of medical cannabis. The bad, there is a high turnover of office staff, so the who cares factor is sometimes high. If nothing has changed, even if you have an appointment, anyone who signs in ahead of you, gets seen ahead of you. The doctors are great, so if you don't mind waiting......

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

Dr. Venger is a pain management specialist and former neurosurgeon. If you're looking for a "Doctor Feelgood" that will load you up on pain meds, keep looking. Venger will give you the meds you need, but his approach is to actively pursue the source of your pain and treat that. The goal is to eliminate the source, not just mask it with drugs. Unfortunately, can't say the same about some of the other pain management guys in the area. I've been going to him for about 4 months now. So far I'm very impressed with him. He listens - doesn't just pass you off to an assistant. New facilities (nice) and a great staff. Have recommended him to others and they feel the same. Wish there were more doctors like him..!! Steve G. Bullhead City AZ

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Great pain doc, doesn't just give pain pills, but tries to use other treatments. He thinks medical marijuana can help patients, and writes Arizona Medical Marijuana certifications for his patients. I have cut my opioid pain meds by more than half using medical marijuana, and after being disabled for 20 years, returned to work part time. If your looking for a good pain doctor, he really cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr Venger did my disk surgery 3 years ago and I had immediate relief after surgery. It was worth traveling 100 miles to have this done by him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Really A great doctor!! He performed surgery on my mother and I had many questions for him. He answered everything I asked concerning her. My mom is doing great now!! Dr. Venger has truly been a blessing to my mother and family.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

Dr. Benjamin H. Venger's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1983)

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "This Dr is actually great, however his staff is truly going to be his downfall. The girl who does the urine testing is the rudest nastiest of the bunch. Trying ..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I had appointment at 1:15 and didn't get seen till 6:55 and walked out at 7:15. I've been seeing pain management specialists for 8yrs and this is the worst most..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Very busy medical office. Forty five minutes after my scheduled appointment time I asked the desk clerk if she knew about how long the wait might be, and she ga..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Never again. I need to spend half a day waiting to see a doctor for a refill like I need a hole in the head."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "We have never seen such an incredibly busy medical office. At the very last visit we had to wait in the car until a seat opened up in the lobby, but more patien..."

February 22, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=8249'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.2

February 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=8249'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 5, 2014