Ratings for Dr. Lien Luu

Great doctor but works in a horrible office where front reception staff is rude and incompetent.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

She was rude and discharged me without proper grounds and under demonstrably false pretenses. On top of that, doctor Luu (and I use the term doctor loosely) dated the discharge letter to June 25 (the day we last met) yet it hadn't been delivered by Canada Post until July 15 (almost 3 weeks after the supposed date of the letter), which was despite the fact it was sent via Xpresspost, which indicated she wasn't being honest as to when she wrote the letter because it wouldn't take 3 weeks for a letter to arrive via Xpresspost (I still have the original Canada Post delivery notice as well as the envelope of the letter being date stamped with an accompanying notation by a Canada Post teller attesting to this). I had filed a complaint at the time about this with Rohit Suppal (the director of the clinic), although in retrospect I wonder if this was a sufficient response on my part because it occurred to me Rohit might not have been the most unbiased person in this situation and therefore it's possible he may have tried to sweep this under the rug rather than taking appropriate disciplinary action (as I had requested) against her.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

By far the best doctor I have ever had. Very knowledgable and has great concern for her patients. She is wonderful with my children. She is on maternity leave until December 2011. I refuse to see anyone else until she returns!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. LUU has been very thorough, kind and considerate with me regarding my health issues. I had heart bypass surgery in 2006 and she managed my after surgery care, medications etc. and made me and my family feel secure that all of my needs would be looked after. She has referred me to the appropriate specialists, clinics etc. and prescribed the appropriate medications when warranted. I feel very fortunate to have DR. Lien LUU for my family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

She is a very competent family physician. All my questions and concerns were handled effectively. I never waited for long hours on my appointments. I can trust and depend on her with all my health issues. After every visits with her, i felt good & worry free with my health. I recommending her to all my friends and family because of the excellent care & service she gives me.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2010

I see Dr. Luu regularly, and she is very knowledgable and helpful. I am very impressed by her skill and reassuring manner. Most importantly, Dr. Luu takes the time to make sure all my concerns are addressed.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

My family has had many issues with not receiving referrals requested in order to get a second opinion by a specialist. These regarded issues such as severe allergies, ovarian concerns which resulted in repeated hospitalization. We have found her not to be approachable, understanding or informative in regards to being pro-active in treatments for our care. Once we changed our doctor, appropriate treatment/referrals were given immediately along with dignity and respect.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

She is rude and dishonest. For example, in my last meeting with her I said I was going to get a 2nd opinion (which under the circumstances was reasonable). She then opened the door and said since I wanted a 2nd opinion that meant I didn't value her judgment and so there was no reason for me to continue to be her patient. I then explained she was making an unwarranted extrapolation in that I merely didn't agree with her on this one issue. She still discharged me, and since this alone obviously wasn't a valid reason to do so she engaged in subterfuge by pretending this was more of a pattern on my part rather than just an isolated incident. She said,"This was not that first time where you made such a request and where I have felt you did not value my professional opinion and questioned my medical competency." She added, "There has been a consistent lack of trust" on my part. What a lier! She didn't even back up her claim by specifying another such instance, obviously because she couldn't.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Dr. Luu takes the time to listen and talk to me. This alone is rare in the medical profession. She is kind, direct, and understanding. I am happy to be her patient!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2007

New graduate, has a fresh & alert attitude, makes eye contact when speaking to her patient ( your not just a name in the file) she's direct and to the point without seeming uncaring or hurried.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007