Ratings for Dr. Joseph P. Nelson

I enjoy going to see Dr. Nelson. He automatically makes me feel comfortable and gives great advice on my health issues. However, the nurse responsible for doing the prior authorization (PA) for prescriptions is HORRIBLE! Once the pharmacy told me I needed a PA I immediately called back to the doctor's office Wrong 10am so they could make the phone call to my insurance company so I could pickup my meds. They said they would put it right in. I called back around 2pm to let them know that I would be out of town the next week so if they could call in my PA I would greatly appreciate it. The nurse told the receptionist to tell me it would be Monday before she called in my PA. Monday I didn't hear anything. So on Tuesday I called my insurance company who informs me that they haven't received anything from my doctor. The nurse didn't call in my PA until Wednesday afternoon! My prescription can't be transferred to another pharmacy, so I've had to do without my prescription for a week all because my doctors nurse wouldn't simply pickup the phone to confirm my PA to my insurance company. The alternative would have been for me to pay over $250 versus the $15 with my insurance. I LOVE Dr. Nelso but will look for another physician with a more considerate and responsive nurse staff.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Joseph Nelson is compassionate, considerate, and sincerely interested in my well being. I can't speak for how he treats everyone, but I have his undivided attention at every visit. He always takes plenty of time to discover any concern and is very thorough to consider every aspect of my overall health. He always listens to preferences regarding medications or any information I wish to share with sincere interest. I would strongly recommend him as your physician.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Nelson to anybody. He is very friendly, very professional and very knowledgeable. He is also very patient and is very concerned about the well being of his patients.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Nelson is one of the most caring physcians I have met in a long time. He takes his time to listen and find out answers. His staff is professional and caring as well. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a professional, knowledgable and trustworty doctor.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Dr.Nelson is very professional and very helpful. He takes the time to listen to what his patients have to say.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

Dr. Nelson is very helpful the 1st time you visit, but is uninterested in following up or continuing care once he has received payment. He suggests medications, prescribes and then refuses to refill until you visit and PAY again even if it is only a week later. My husband (who was already a patient of Dr. Nelson's) was in a car wreck, but Dr. Nelson refused pain medication because he hasn't been paid by the auto insurance yet.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Dr. Nelson is very attentive to the needs of patients.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr. Joseph P. Nelson's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)