Ratings for Dr. Stewart H. Tankersley

Dr. Tankersley is a tremendously good doctor. He takes an almost-unbelievable amount of time to discuss your health. He listens closely. He cares. His patients, including me, are blessed to have him.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Tankersley takes a different approach than most family doctors in that he treats PEOPLE, not symptoms. First exam he began by explaining that overall health is impacted by spiritual, mental, emotional and physical issues and that he addresses all of these. Despite having multiple diagnoses from others physicians (for which I'd been prescribed half a dozen different drugs) Dr. Tankersley was more interested in determining a CAUSE for my chronic inflammation rather than prescribing drugs to relieve the symptoms. Yes, he's different, but in his case, different is a good thing.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Not a hands on Dr. at all ....love to write prescriptions without examining his patients...The staff is just as terrible...sent me for lab work on Memorial Day and the place was close..will have u spending money of stuff u don't even need...terrible experience will find another Dr. Terrible experience like something out of the twilight zone

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr Tankers ly is very knowledgeable but has a terrible personally. I felt like a broken used car when I saw him. He gives the impression he would walk around your fallen body if you didn't have an appointment.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Stewart Tankersley is an absolutely terrific doctor. He has treated me with an exceptional level of skill, knowledge, and personal concern. He has taken a rare and extraordinary amount of time to listen to me and to accurately diagnose my medical and other needs. I recommend him highly. He is the best that there is in his field in Montgomery.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

Dr. Tankersley is a great doctor. I have seen him twice. As for the negative comments, my only thought is, "What color is the sky in their world?". Both times that I have had my appointments, he took an extraordinary amount of time finding out what was wrong. Unlike almost all doctors, he listened, and fully answered, all of my questions and concerns. By the way, contrary to the false comments posted by others (anonymously, of course), he never prescribed any drugs or tests for me. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Worst experience I ever had with a Doctor. Never felt he had my intrest.Never felt comfortable with his knowledge or his ability. I left his practice.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2010

This doctor is horrible. He has no bedside manner. He will witness to you while in for routine visits. He gave me no confidence that he knew what he was doing. While performing a minor procedure in his office I heard him say "oops can't believe I almost did that," no joke. The office totally screwed up my insurance paperwork and refused to fix it. Finally I had to call the manager of the entire clinic to force their office to resubmit the paperwork. Stay clear of this Dr. His nurses admitted to me that he was a big "writer" which means he writes lots of prescriptions. They said the drug reps love him. This is probably why I was there at 7AM one day (first appointment) and three drug reps went into back before I did. Nurses bragged that the drug reps had to get in line to buy them lunch. Seems like the two or three times my wife or I have been sick he was off of work.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Stewart H. Tankersley's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)