Ratings for Dr. Frederick Pope

Doctor Pope is an amazing. In 2010 I went from being extremely health to being very sick. I had gone to my family doctor, The Cleveland Clinic, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Hartford Hospital, and several local "specialists". In 2014 I got to the point where I had to leave my engineering job of 30 years because of extreme weakness and fatigue. At the urging of a friend I went to see Doctor Pope. He is extremely personable and spent a lot of time with me during the initial visit. Totally opposite from most of the doctors I had dealt with before. He said he had an idea what I had but would run several blood tests to make sure. The doctor himself called me the next day and said "we found it". It turned out to be a very bad virus. Needless to say, I am indebted to Dr. Pope. I have my life back! After traveling all over and spending thousands of dollars of my own money, the answer was 2 miles from my home!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Good Doctor...the office personnel are very helpful. The other doctors in the practice work well with Dr. Pope and everyone is professional and engaged.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr. Pope is popular I'll admit but the majority of his clients are elderly-a generation which doesnt question their doctors much. Our family had a very bad experience due to negligence and misdiagnosis. He did not recognize full blown Cancer symptoms in my mother. When questioned about his diagnosis of depression and possible onset of dementia, he reacted rudely. Upon asking for help in getting her referred to a hospital for treatment of malnourishment, dehydration, anemia, etc., he told us the hospital wouldnt accept her, she was still able to thrive in that condition. He is hard of hearing and yet wears no hearing aide, I was asked several times,"what was that?" I dont understand why he is so popular but it isnt our experience that he is a good diagnostic. My mother ended up dying and was a long-time patient of his. I had to bring her to my own GP just to get her advice and was relieved to hear that indeed a hospital would definitely accept her as she was in such an extreme stat

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

generally concerned with the whole person. very caring and kind.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. Pope is very caring and it appears to me that he engages each person invdivudually so that good out comes result. He is very supportive of personal healthy lifestyles and works to urge increased physical activity. He is great!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

kind,compassionate. not afraid to say "I don't know but I'll find out" cares for the whole person.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2006

Dr Pope is an excellent physician. Knowledgeable, compassionate, kind.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2006

Dr. Pope is an excellent general pract. He's a funny guy and is able to put anyone at ease once he enters the room. My one concern is his APRN. My husband and I believe she only prescribes antibiotics for everything and anything. Whether you have a headache, the flu, allergies, or a simple cold, she will prescribe antibiotics. This we feel could be potentially harmful so we will be considering other Dr.'s as we cannot always get Dr. Frederick Pope.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2005

Dr. Frederick Pope's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1973)

GHI