Ratings for Dr. Michael Kirwan

he is rude arrogant and condescending and doesn't listen to what you have to say and makes you wait a month for an appointment only to rush you and push you out before you can say what you need to say. and remembers nothing and makes you have to re-explain everything when you see him and acts like it is the first he has heard of it. I saw him for a injury once and made out it was just a sprain and didn't send me for an x-ray, and I find out years later that it was a dislocation and am out compensation and lost my job because of him and his understatement of my injury. then when I told him that it was dislocated did nothing about it, just told me to go to physio. and was not sorry and had no remorse. and when I when I was sick and I told him that I was sleeping a lot and was tired, he tried to say I was depressed... it couldn't be because I was really sick... and I had re-occurring throat infections sores in my mouth and throat that would bleed and bumps on the roof of my mouth and my mouth and throat looked like I was drinking battery acid and had coughed up blood a few times. and when I asked him to send me to a throat specialist he didn't and tried to say he didn't see anything and it was probably from acid reflux even though I don't have acid reflux!I had to make an appointment and wait another month, and go through the same thing again. and he eventually sent me to a throat specialist because I told him I was loosing my voice on and off for months, I told him the same thing the first time but he couldn't send me then. then he waited a month before referring me to one of the most useless throat specialists in Alberta who did nothing, didn't listen and just sent me to another that I had to wait six months to see. he was equally useless and couldn't identify what it was and only wanted to remove the lesion only vocal cord, apparently the fact that my throat was inflamed and misshaped and swollen that looked normal even though it looked like laryngeal thrush or possibly cancer, and I had had thrush in my mouth. and had sores in the back of my throat and on the side of my tongue and my throat looked like I had been drinking battery acid. apparently all of that looked normal and the fact that I had coughed up blood a few times didn't matter. and he couldn't do a swab or a culture or any other test to find out what it was. all he wanted to do was remove the lesion and never mind the other problems. and claimed he could only tell what it was by testing the tissue after it was removed and it was probably benign even though it was very large . and claimed they couldn't test tissue before it was removed. and I wanted him to test me for thrush. he claimed that there was no test for thrush which is a lie, they can do a throat culture or swab. and refused to treat the whole problem. none of them would test me for thrush or give me a prescription for it so it would go away. I cant eat anything with a lot of yeast or sugar without getting it back again, and no doctor I've seen will teat it. and if you get thrush allot it can mean you have a serious underlining medical condition like cancer or are immune compromised and you can't get that through there heads. I saw another doctor that was supposed to send me to a different throat specialist in Calgary that I requested but did not and I have been waiting months with no response. I have given up on tying to have this treated, and probably have throat cancer... and I guess if I die I die I'm tired of having my symptoms ignore and having to drive all over Alberta only to waist my time and not take my illness seriously. they should be able to say what it is by examining it there are examples they can refer to, and confirm it by testing a tissue sample. that what hospitals in the US do and it is posted on their websites. but apparently in Canada they don't care and think they can just give you the run around. and when you did agree with them when they are wrong, they just tell you to get another opinion. and wait months. and if I ever did get a doctor to do something about it, it would probably be too late...

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

very caring and knowledgeable.he has always treated my mother with the greatest respect .

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Kirwin for many years now and find him to be one of the most caring doctors around. He does everything to ensure your needs are met and will do everything he can to find out what is causing your problem. I am shocked when I read that people rate him as rude etc. as I have never know him to be rude or the least bit moody. Great Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Dr. Kirwan is an outstanding family doctor! I have been a patient of his for approximately 20 years and I could not imagine not having him as my doctor. I travel from Edmonton to see him and feel that it is more than worth the drive. I wish there were more doctors like him! I would recommend Dr. Kirwan to anyone looking for an exceptional doctor. My only concern is that he is so good that at times it is hard to get an appointment when you want it. Best to book your appoints in advance! Thank you Dr. Kirwan for al you do!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

Dr. Michael Kirwan is one of the BEST clinicians I have had the privilge to work with. He is extremely knowledgable, professional, committed and caring. Thank-you for having been my physician during the 5 years I was in Wetaskiwin. Carl Hartman RN BScN MScN CD Canadian Armed Forces - Navy

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Beyond rude, he is downright mean! I was in a new down, really really ill, and when I asked for an examination and paperwork for sick benefits unemployment insurance, he didn't even examine me or ask questions. He just yelled at me for an hour!! telling me I was taking advantage of the system. I wasn't. (But even if I was, how would he have known? He didn't take time to ask any questions about my health or examine me. He was just making assumptions without any information.) I have heard of him doing this to somone else, a senior who simply wanted a form filled out for aids to daily living, in order to get funding for a bathtub rail. He later told my husband, who talked to Dr. Kirwin about how I was treated, that it was a personality difference. I guess he was right. I try to treat people with dignity and respect, and would never treat anyone the way he treated me. NOT A DOCTOR I WOULD EVER GO BACK TO.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Dr.Kirwan is one of the rudest people that I have ever met.He was annoyed at my health problems.I was there for that reason ! He told me to go home and think about what I could be doing with my health.One has to pay for that advise.I would never ever see him again.I travelled to Edmonton instead.The doctor that I saw there,was not happy with how I had been treated,by Dr.Kirwan.He saw me twice and I was fine.I did not need to be insulted by Dr.Kirwan,someone that is suppose to help you.It is a ways to go to the city but that is where I will be going.I have been told that Dr.Kirwan has just been a doctor for far to long,that he is burnt out.I believe that !

flag | Submitted November 25, 2008

I find him to be very rude,with no time for the patient.When I was his new patient,he was somewhat better but I find his bedside manner,terrible.Looking for a new doctor now.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

A good doctor. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a good family doctor. He will send you for tests until he finds out what he can or he will refer you to a specialist if he needs to.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Good bedside maners, made me feel comfortable talkimg about menopause and depression.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008