Ratings for Dr. Scott R. Weisberg

If you want a doctor who cares about you look elsewhere. Dr. Weisberg is all about the money. He left me in the middle of an appointment to go joke inappropriately with his staff (you can hear through the walls). He has a strange personality that makes things very awkward. I have called the clinic a few times to have prescriptions called or faxed and his staff have often been rude and many times failed to send the prescription until my third or fourth call. Find a different doctor who cares about his or her patients.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I saw Dr. Weisberg for two years and he is the best doctor I've had in my adult life. He is smart, thorough, direct without being rude and practices medicine in a highly-ethical manner with total concern for both the short- and long-term outcome of his patients. One of the reasons I hated moving from Birmingham is knowing I would not find a doctor (and staff) that I like as much as Dr. Weisberg. He is truly dedicated to helping people in all situations and is someone who entered the medical profession for all the right reasons.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Scott Weisberg is awesome! Not only is he a great doctor, but a great guy! He sat down and really listened to my health problems; I couldn't believe that he actually listened to me and didn't rush me! I got all the time I needed with him. I have a lot going on with my physical and mental health and he addressed each issue one at a time. His staff is also really responsive and I appreciate them too!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

Dr Weisberg has a well-run and friendly office. Never had to wait more than 10 minutes, and he uses technology to supplement his hands-on care practice so that he easily keeps up with what is going on with you over time and in relation to different health issues. He is an excellent diagnostician and has shown superb judgment in his treatment regimens for several issues I've had in comparison to previous doctors that I've done to for the same thing.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

I don't know how he used to be in the past, but for the past three years, Dr. Weisberg has been an excellent physician to me. He is assertive in his questioning, but very knowledgeable of medication and the human body. He spends plenty of time with me to make sure I understand exactly why he prescribes what, and if there are any alternative measures we can take. When I took information from a visit of mine to a family friend who was my childhood doctor back home, that doctor stated for me to stay with Weisberg in the future because he obviously knows his stuff. I trust Weisberg.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

this is my doctor, I love him and would send anyone I love TO him, dont know who made this bad rating --- not true he is the best

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

His staff is rude and makes many mistakes, the same ones over and over. They have lost several blood tests and have had to go back for them to get it right, sometimes twice. He is very accusative and distrusting of his patients. He holds perscriptions hostage and forces you to come in and pay for an appointment just to get your regular medication. He demands that every time you come in he takes blood and does tests. He is unknoweldgeable of the fact that fasting is required to get a true reading of some tests and therefore the wrong results prompt him to force unnecessary medication on you. He will not give you a prescription with a sensible number of refills because he demands control over you. Even though you have been taking a certain medication for years, he will only give you a couple of months worth and forces you to come in and pay the office fee. This man is all about control, money, his ego, and building a reputation. He should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

He refused to call me about medication for my very high blood sugars. His staff is very rude and unprofessional. He is very smart but has terrible people skills and talks a lot about himself and his problems.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

The first 4 times I saw him he found some reason for me to disrobe which made me feel very uncomfortable. He became confident and obsessed that I was doing drugs so I insisted on a drug test to prove my innocence. I saw thew plastic drug test with the final results and it was negative (with a very faint line, but it was a line). He misread the drug test to be positive so I INSISTED on having blood drawn and tested which, of course, I had to pay for even though it was his fault. Then they LOST MY BLOOD so I had to drive back up there to give more even though I live an hour away from the office. Of course the blood test came back NEGATIVE because I hadn't done any kind of drugs! He still insisted that I was using drugs and misusing one of his prescriptions which was NONNARCOTIC. His office once called in a refill to the wrong drug store and when I called to tell him he again accused me of misusing his prescription (nonnarcotic) by using 2 different drug stores. I never went back!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Knowledgeable and helpful. Loses points because he seemed judgemental about my history, behavior, etc.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

Dr. Scott R. Weisberg's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1996)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal