Ratings for Dr. Pierre Louwrens

I have gone to Dr. Louwrens for years and I have had my ups and downs with him. He is a great doctor in emergencies but he is not always that in a day to day bases. I do not expect a doctor to hold my hand and comfort me when I am sick. I do however expect to be listen to and to be respected when I ask questions. I to think he has some issues with bedside manner at times depending who you are or how old you are. I wish there would be a change in his practices because when I go to the doctor I dont like wondering if I am going to be treated with respect. I also get that he sees lots of people that may be wasting his time but that is part of the job. I wish that the health care system would regulate the bases of peoples complaints by an independent board not a board of fellow doctors some how I think this would be helpful in a positive change in our health care providers and the trust we need to have in our doctors.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

My name is tony. Over a long life, my wife and I have been very fortunate, we've had four excellent doctors. Dr. Louwrens is one of them. Recently, my wife was misdiagnosed by two emergency doctors, one at the Shaunavon Hospital, and one at the Swift Current Hospital, who misdiagnosed her twice, berating her for coming a second time when all she had was indigestion. When a second emergency doctor interfered, she was sent up to the ward and spent two weeks there , underwent surgery, and is recovering from something that would have killed her if Dr. Lowrens had not persisted in finding out what was truly the matter with her. I have recently found a job 400 kms. away, and my wife won't come, because she won't change doctors. A great Doctor is hard to come by.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

The man barely listens, doesn't check history, has no helpful advice. Been in Shaunavon too long because he couldn't succeed in the real world.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

3 stars should be good. 4 stars very good and 5 stars excellent. Dr. Louwrens is a very good doctor in my opinion. Of course he isn't always right. If he was he would be an excellent doctor.Show me one doctor who is always right. As with any doctor you have every right to get a second opinion if you aren't satisfied with his diagnosis. He is only human and cannot perform miracles. People who criticize him and say they would rather see a vet should get a dog bone from him when they really need him. Maybe that would make them feel better.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Horrible "Doctor". Worst Doctor I have ever had to see. Terrible people skills, the guy is a jerk and he treats people with injuries like pieces of trash. I've never seen such a judgmental person. Even simple diagnosis is often completely wrong. Worst doctor ever.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Went in for a sore throat and he tried to get my pants off. Horrible doctor if ur a women just tried to see u naked rather than listing to what's wrong with u.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I rated his knowledge very poor, although he thinks he knows everything. A relative of mine had heart issues, but did Louwrens contact a cardiologist. NO. Did he refer him to a cardiologist NO. If you have a common cold or the flu you are fine going to him. You will likely get better anyway. But if you are elderly and are ill, please go get a second opinion. Don't take a chance on this guys diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Great doctor. Informed, thorough, considerate, friendly. I don't see any of the things listed in the negative reviews. Wonderful staff too.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I am not a patient of Dr Louwrens. Neighbors are. My mother-in-law, elderly, is a former patient. This has been my observation: Some days, at office appointments, Dr Louwrens is attentive, a reasonably good doctor. Some days, his lack of attention to, or interest in, patient care is unacceptable. His demeanor and bedside manner are unsatisfactory.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Great physician......but over burdened as only G.P. in large area. He is knowledgable, but is often rushed, through no fault of his own.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013