Ratings for Dr. Eliot S. Light

I went for a back injury after lifting boxes. He told me it was *actually* my pelvic muscle, refused to order me an mri. Went to an urgent care where MRI was ordered and eventually showed a herniated disc in my spine. Which is not, by any stretch of the imagination, the pelvic region. Haven't been back since.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Being new to Monterey I was lucky enough to get in with Dr. Elliot S. Light. He is a straight talker, as others have said, and is very knowledgeable. His bedside manner is great. I always feel like my visits mean something and are productive, unlike a lot of other doctors I have visited.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Light saw my three children (one was a newborn) and me while we lived in Monterey. I cannot say enough good things about him and Dr. Bruemer. It was very hard to leave Monterey knowing I would have to search VERY hard to find a doctor that cared the way they do.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

I went to Dr. Light for advice regarding my family history of breast cancer. (My aunt and cousins advised me to get genetic testing for BRCA gene mutation as it runs in the family.) I consulted dr. light as to whether or not to get the test. He told me no. He said I probably don't have the gene, made the peace sign, and said, "you will live long and prosper." I went to a different doc for a second opinion. He suggested I take the test. I was positive for the gene mutation and had a 97% risk of getting breast cancer. I had a prophylactic bilateral mastectomy as a result of the test.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Light for almost 20 years. He's made a positive difference in my life.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Been seeing him for years. Straight talking, good listener, very knowledgeable and also knows when to refer to specialist; explains things and answers questions.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Dr. Eliot S. Light's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Harvard-Pilgrim