Ratings for Dr. Samuel Lazare

Dr Lazare has been my dr for 15 years and took on my son at age 3. He seems to have a bit of a memory problem as to whether he's treated you for that particular ailments previously. For example, he gives me B12 injections and asks who decided I needed them? Umm, well it was you. He will refer you most times. Yes, will definitely cut you off, and doesn't really want to hear your thoughts on treatment, BUT, when I ask for a requisition for a test he usually gives it. Staff is A+++, and he is punctual 99.9% of the time. It can be difficult to get an appointment though so if you feel you might be sick in 3 weeks, make an appointment now.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

This so called doctor is the last person I would trust when it comes to providing thorough & sound advice. As a doctor you need to LISTEN to your patients and be human, he doesn't care to listen to what you have to say and he always has a smug face. Anyone reading this save yourself the trouble and find a real doctor who doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. Thanks for nothing doc!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

STAY AWAY!! This man clearly does not care about what the patient has to say. Each appointment I've ever had with him has started by him rushing me and not even giving me the time of day to speak about what is happening with MY body. He's snippy and comes off half the time with an attitude. I would never recommend him and this was my last appointment with him. If you care about your health and well being don't waste your time with this obnoxious, disinterested poor excuse of a professional. I think it's time for you to retire "Dr. Lazare"

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Staff who called me was rude over talked me and was actually yelling. Was trying to tell sec'y that she sent me to wrong address (dr office instead of hospital for my specialist appt) at 7:30am which then made me too late for credit valley. Now I have to wait 2 more mths for thst appt. When I've already waited a cpl of mths for the initial one. There was confusion about my procedure as well. All I wanted was a second opinion since I was told nothing wad showing up or wrong. Probe still exists......I'm worried but all I got was the sec'y yelling at me telling me she is not going to dispute what happened and has no time for it. I say they are overbooked even tho wait time is short. He doesn't seem to know me everytime I go. 1 1/2 yrs later my files haven't even been requested from my old Dr yet I filled out the consent form the first day I went to him. Not impressed. He acts as tho you better talk fast because he is in a rush. I'm not impressed

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I am fortunate to have Dr. Lazare as my family physician for many many years. He is a very kind, caring and thoughtful Doctor, very hard to find these days. He looks after my entire family and I am thankful for the great care he gives each one of us. I must add that he doesn't make us wait for hours to see him, he is very time conscious and we respect him for this wonderful quality. Honestly, we cannot express enough wonderful attributes to this fine Doctor. He truly is the "BEST". Thank you for years of dedication to me and my family.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr, Lazare, Has been my doctor for about 30 years. I can tell you that he is an excellent doctor. If you need a specialist he will refer you to one. He does not push meds on you is punctual and to the point. I highly recommend him as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr Lazare has been my dr for 15 years. I find him punctual, polite and knowledgeable. He has never pushed a prescription on me, ever. In fact, I find him reluctant to give meds when not necessary. The staff are Incredible!! 5 stars for Dr. Lazare

flag | Submitted February 28, 2014

Lazare has been my Dr since the early 90's. I went to him as a walk in patient and stayed. While he doesn’t have the best bed side manner and can cut you off when talking, I also recognize that I tend to talk too much and the one HUGE point I really like about him is in over 15 years I have been seeing him I think I waited once and it was for 15 mins for that he apologized. I would rather a Dr. cut me off and get to the point of the appt than keep me waiting in a sick room! Dr. Lazare has NEVER failed to send me to a specialist when I needed one. I have read some folk calling him arrogant I think he might be a bit shy as a person. None the less Dr. Lazare has never been unprofessional with me in my time seeing him as a patient. The only thing I don't like is he is not very good at doing pap tests but for that I know go to see a gyno. I would and do highly recommend Dr. S Lazare, I appreciate Dr’s who don’t keep me waiting for 2 hours in their waiting room as most do.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

I just wonder why my'1000'words letter was deleted and never put it back for others to read.My case was reviewed by the college of doctors but the results were not very disciplinary for dr Lazare. I am still dealing with the consequences after needless xrays on my foot and hand.His arrogance is unbelieable. My wife went to talk to him,she was very concerned about my continuos pain and burning in my arms and face,she asked to have a specialist opinion for me,she was told that my pain was in my head and nothing he could do and show her the door.His segretary hang up on her after yelling and demanding to have the xrays back to the office,I had the right to keep them,by the way I was never giving the results,why?Because I did not need them.My ordeal started 2010/11/22 few hrs after xrays.Iam in less pain today thanks to money I am spending in natural stuff to help myself.To all the people that need a doctor,stay away from him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

he was rude EVERY visit. he belittled me and after a few visits, when i was in pain he got angry and told me that there was nothing wrong with me. finally he gave me the phone number of a specialist to call myself. I couldn't get in & AFTER GOING to a walk-in clinic got referred to another specialist. I had an infection and an ovarian cyst. he also swore during my pap test when he had problems with the examining equipment. i still get upset thinking of him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011