Ratings for Dr. Timothy R. Jennings

He needs to stick to writing books_fiction not factual. He is rude,arrogant,egotistical and overly full of himself_condescending and does not appear to be interested in actually finding out about his patient's needs or getting a correct diagnosis in order to accurately prescribe for them. I was very dissappointed to find him to be just another run of the mill md wanting to make money and glorify himself. In time God may see fit to knock this jerk off his pedestal and teach him a lesson in humility. I wasted 350 dollars trying to get professional and safe help for my grandson and received rude despicable attitude from someone I now have no respect for. I recommend him to no one who needs a qualified and competant,compassionate. He is a fake and apparantly uses GOD for credible advertizing but I doubt GOD is any more pleased with him than I was

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Waited 15 minutes to see him. Office waiting area is decorated with his books and advertisements for his books and tapes. Quickly intoroduced himself, asked why I was there, and proceeded to ask a handful of related questions (was seeing him for adult AD/HD). He asked me if I believe in God. I repsonded, I did not. He quickly ended the appointment (about 10 minutes total), gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. After searching the internet for this guy when I got home, I soon realiized he's no more than a preacher hawking his tapes, lectures and books on religion and his beliefs. He's about as close to a TV evangelist as you can get. Your religious beliefs should have absolutely no bearing on a medical diagnosis. $200 for 10 minutes...$1200/hr...what a charlatan

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

My husband & I went to see Dr Jennings about concerns we had for our adult son.Our first & only meeting with Dr Jennings went well. When trying to schedule appointments for our adult son the office staff put the wrong date & time for 2 office visits. Because of their errors, my husband & I were told by Leona that Dr Jennings will not see our son. Our son asked us to make the appointment for him with Dr Jennings. Several medical experts in our area can testify to the fact that our son is giving 100% trying to get help for his conditions. I find it most unprofessional & tragic that Dr Jennings on 2 occasions refused to talk to us since we had been seen him in his office professionally before. One appointment they "told" us we "missed" was a 7:45 am appointment that we never made & would not make due to our present schedules. If you make an appointment with this doctor I would encourage you to ask his office to confirm your appointment time & date via email.The Dr says he is Christian.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

My opinion is he makes a hasty diagnosis. It seemed that he thinks he is wasting the patients time and money to listen to what the patient wants to say. I felt he made my diagnosis all within a few minutes, based on partial information. After the diagnosis was made, I felt all other contributing factors and possible diagnosis were not heard or considered. I felt he was more interested in showcasing his knowledge, and that his knowledge and diagnosis are absolute. He left the impression that his diagnosis was as objective and scientific fact as a cancer tumor just removed from a sick cancer patient. Maybe it is, but from the little I know, mental health appears more subjective than what he seems convinced. There are probably few people out there that I think he would deem knowledgeable enough to convince him of a different perspective than his own. In all fairness, he is knowledgeable, and he did help me a little, but the cost far exceeded the benefit. We were not a match.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

I first went to Dr. Jennings in January of 2012. I needed treatment for my out-of control AD/HD and paranoia. Dr. J prescribed me a drug used to treat AD/HD in children and adults, and since I've been able to focus and keep my impulses/hyper-activity to a reasonable limit, without suppressing my outgoing nature. As for my paranoia, when we realized that late stage Schizophrenia was causing it, Dr. J was very concerned about me. He prescribed me Latuda, an A-typical Anti-psychotic drug that worked like a miracle pill. Unfortunately, the drug elevated my prolactin levels which in turn stopped my menstrual cycle. Dr. J appropriately weaned me off Latuda and prescribed another A-typical anti-psychotic called Risperdal. Unfortunately, I had the same experience with it as with Latuda. I again was correctly weaned off the new drug and prescribed Abilify, which turned out to be the right fit. A few months later, I'm doing so much better! I thank God for Dr. J, for he has been a blessing!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

I called his office and left an urgent message over a crisis situation in my family there in Chattanooga. It was ignored and th person was arrested th following night. The phone call was never returned. 6 weeks later I called again because the person was home and desperately needing help. The office called back, Laura, and told me there is no help for substance abuse. I asked, so they have to keep on until they DIE?!! She replied, well yes I guess so. My comment is Are you serious? She did NOT suggest even a consultation. He is on the Internet as a Dr. Who treats addiction , which is why I called. Horrible!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

I visited Dr. Jennings 10/2012, I am not from TN and found him online. I had no idea what his personal religious views were before or after my appointment. He was very considerate and polite during the whole visit. He asked pertinent questions and listened intently to my answers to gain as much knowledge as possible in the allotted time frame of an hour. His assessment of what I shared and his diagnosis was 'spot-on'! In the last 15yrs. I have visited several therapist and never had anyone so accurately explain to me exactly what was going on. I was so appreciative that he asked 'back-story' as in 'early upbringing' questions that helped him be able to see my 'whole' picture, not just what is happening in the present. He gave(for free) me a wonderful book (Could it be this simpe?) that he has written that has changed my life as well as my husbands, children and friends! He was completely professional and kind. His opinions are clinically factual, whether you are Christian or not. 5star

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

His appointments feel rushed and hurried. He has a testy personality and often dismisses concerns you have. Time is very, extremely limited. He never consults old notes and forgets about major diagnoses you have. He seems to be only interested in rushing in and out as many patients as possible. I feel he's mainly about himself and his ego. He has an odd, old fashioned Christian view of the world, which made sense when I learned he taught sunday school classes on the web. His approach is simplistic and hit or miss with medications. He prefers to prescribe the newest drugs rather than older, cheaper, tried and true ones. He says he's all about holistic medicine, blah, blah but it's the same old crap. He's a nice enough guy, but he just wants easy, quick answers. Try else where if you can.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012

nd my stomach felt like worms crawlinf in it.i was taking .5 of xanax and all i wanted him 2 do was increase it 2 1 trwice a day just until i got use 2 the new medicaiton.he said it wasnt gonna happen.so he fired me and refuses to right my old medication cause i cant handle this other.he abandonme ande refusesto writ me meds.what should i do?

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

On my initial visit, I waited for 40 minutes before he rushed by introducing himself,literally without stopping, where I followed him briskly to his office. He spent a whopping 20 minutes (half the time I waited OVER my appointment time) with me to tell me I had anxiety issues. I knew that, have known for 20 years, and it was the only listed reason I had written for the reason for my visit. He then rushed me out with a prescription that only lasts half the time I have until my next office visit. He didn't seem interested in figuring out why I had anxiety & was uninterested in the medicines & practices (i.e. yoga/exercise, meditation, diet, etc) that have always been helpful. Since a drug rep breezed in 10 minutes before he saw me & he spoke with her first, I am under the impression that he is interested in only *certain* prescriptions & nothing else. I had more anxiety when I left his office than I had arrived with. It was disconcerting since I just moved here.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Dr. Timothy R. Jennings's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Wellpoint