Ratings for Dr. Khalil Asayesh

Dr. Asayesh is an absolutely wonderful doctor. He is caring and compassionate about his patients and listens thoroughly for what you have to say. He has been in the business long enough to know every trick in the game, and it is really hard to find a doctor who is as nice, caring and wise as Dr. Asayesh is. Just a caveat, if you don't get results by him immediately, don't be demoralized as it takes a while for the treatment process for all psychiatric illnesses to get an ignition and you have to be a bit patient. But I totally encourage you to stay with Dr. Asayesh for the long term as he is really good at adapting to and wielding the change process. May Almighty God bless and guide all of you!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Dr. Asayesh is a great doctor, with years of experience and great expertise in psychiatry. At a personal level, he is very compassionate, caring and helpful. I would recommend him to anyone, with one caveat however,and that is be patient with him; If you don't get immediate results, don't get demoralized, be patient, as over the long run he will prove to be immensely effective. At least, that was the case for me. May Almighty God bless and guide all of you! :)

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I have had the unfortunate experience of having to see Dr (I use the term loosely) Asayesh. After 10 years of seeing a Doctor who had an uncanny knack to listen to issues offer a bit of guidance and allow you to make your own decision I now have to deal with what I consider to be an abusive Doctor. Your first indication of this person might be if you call and ask for an appointment they will tell you he is retiring in a year yet he is excepting new patients. He does not have any and when you meet him you will find out why. The man makes diagnosis based on no information. He could have pulled the records from my Doctor of 10 years but did not feel a need. He will not even back up a fellow colleague. What kind of doctors do that? From the moment I met him he abused me and would not listen to anything. Even when you have an important issue in front of you like your livelihood he will tell you he does not have the time. My former Doctor was always very busy but he always made the time. Unfortunately and I do wish him the best it was his time to retire. My former Doctor had me on a plan that had been working very well. It was not good enough for Dr Asayesh he wanted to change it all. Even after I tried to explain to him the medications he wanted to put me on was contrary to my families medical history he would not listen. On my first visit he made two statements. On my second visit he denied making them. This is an integrity issue. It was unfortunate that I had to put Dr, Asayesh in a position related to my employer. After my first visit I promised I would solve the issue for him. I solved the issue and he still trashed me. In conclusion my assessment of Dr, Asayesh is that he is an abusive raciest. If you are a white guy or anyone else I could never recommend him. PS: You must be paranoid according to him everybody is.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

This doctor has my friend on meds within the first couple of visits. He is apparently in a state of denial...I'm trying to convince him to stop seeing this shrink. My friend is in an abusive marriage with his sick wife trying to do nothing but bring him harm. No mention of this being a relative issue...must be an issue with childhood. What a joke...stay away at all cost.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I felt like my appointment was very rushed and that he didn't take the time to even listen to my conditions. He couldn't properly diagnose me in 15 minutes, when I didn't even get a chance to talk about my core issues. He prescribed me two different medications in a span of 15 minutes.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

He had them test my i.q. for 6 hours because he wanted to prove that I was mentally retarded and I scored in the 80th percentile in my worst category of intelligence. He also accused me of being paranoid and highly suspicious of others because I told him that I did not believe my abusive parents loved me. They denied me medical treatment when i had anorexia and diabetes at the age of 9 and dr. Asayesh accused me of being a paranoid schizophrenic for saying i hated them.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I’m reading a lot of negative comments about Dr.Asayesh, all I can say is – stick with him, you’ll be glad you did. When I first met Dr.Asayesh, I thought he was a pill pusher as well. He was blunt and right to the point and didn’t seem to want to listen to me. But after being under his service and care for a year and a half, I can genuinely say he’s one of the best psychiatrists that I’ve ever had. He’ll tell it to you straight because he knows what he’s talking about and he’s very firm and passionate about his decisions. I hope he doesn’t retire soon, because it’s so difficult to get a psychiatrist with his years of experience. Am on less medication now than when I first started to see him. He got me off of a drug I’d been taking for, for almost 19 years. The drug caused long term memory and concentration problems, affected thyroid functions, Dr. Asayesh finally got me to detox off this drug last year. The damage is done, but I can finally start taking care of my thyroid now, I am forever indebt to Dr. Asayesh. He’s rough around the edges but has a heart of gold. He truly cares about his patients; his passion is just misunderstood sometimes, it took me a year to realize this. He knows what he’s talking about. I have worked with psychiatrists for almost 20 years and I wish I had gotten underneath Dr.Asayesh’s care years ago. It is very hard to find a good doctor. He also noticed another drug that I’d been on for almost 13 years caused osteoporosis in the long term. I noticed my bones have been getting weaker in the past year, and Dr. Asayesh got me off that drug too! I’m on a new medication where my OCD and paranoid thoughts are a lot less. I feel leveled without feeling zoned out. I feel less like a drugged out zombie! I’m on vitamin supplements and calcium and seeing a chiropractor to strengthen my joints and bones again. I’m on a lot less medication since I’ve been seeing Dr. Asayesh a year and a half ago and I feel more leveled and alert. He and his secretary are an amazing team. Thoughtful and caring, his secretary always returns calls, is great at her job and is very professional.

Submitted February 27, 2015

this guys an ignorant moron horrible doctor prescribes dangerous and often wrong meds dont listen to anyone posting nice comments there probably plants

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Asayesh is very knowledgable with many years of experience. He is a psychiatrists. A psychiatist prescribes medication, which psychologists cannot do. So if you DON'T WANT MEDS, go see a psychologist!! I was diagnosed with major depression about 10 years ago and was suffering many years before that. I have been to see many Dr.s . My symptoms were reduced but nothing seemed to help me to function in my daily life. Dr, Asayesh found the right combination of meds that worked for me. Other Dr.s would just ask me to talk, I couldn,t always find the right words to discribe my issues. Dr.Asayesh asked specific questions which made it a lot easier for me to get my point across. If the meds weren't working, at my next appointment he would ask more specific questions and decide if i needed more of the same meds or change the meds. This went on until the right meds were found to work for me. He even suggested different natural products that might help.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

I consulted Dr. Asayesh for Anxiety symptoms. We had two half-an-hour sessions when I filled in some diagnostic forms. I was, ultimately, diagnosed with Hyperactivity (partial ADHD) on the basis of information provided in those forms. Prescribed with 'Concerta'. Taking it for a month now and feeling much better. Better focusing and lesser hyper-ness. Means it was not Anxiety. People of his age, position and social status usually become strict, straight-forward and to-the-point. They usually treat youngers as their own children/students. Don't be offended! I was expecting, before seeing the 'Psychiatrist', that there will be long sessions in a low light room, over a comfortable couch, where I’ll tell the Psychiatrist my history and then he’ll help me with hypnotism and I’ll be cured! Nothing happened like that and he prescribed me with medicine that I am taking regularly and doing good. Our expectations hurt!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014