Ratings for Dr. Ed Smith

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Went to see him as I had gone to DBT therapy twice, and needed to try something new. He told me to go back to DBT. He did not listen to me or my symptoms, he just saw my previous diagnosis and judged me.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2010

I agree with all the comments here,I too saw this doctor for a work related injury ,He was awful , I felt so bad after seeing him

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Felt BAD after over 6 years of feeling GOOD!....Offered nothing different except to say all of my past doctors gave me bad advice???...Not a very nice person, at all.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

He was kind and straight forward. Didn't agree with everything he said, but he was fair and gave me opportunity to disagree without belittling me. Sometimes the turth hurts but he really listens and has compassion. Talks to you, not at you.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

This doctor has a attitude of "buck-up" and face you problems. The idea of a patient having a chemical imbalance has never occurred to him. I'm not convinced that he is a legitimate psychiatrist .... maybe a psychologist, however not a very good one. I think he should pay more attention to his "oath".....the line that states "do no harm". I certainly felt worse after my session.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

Spoke to this Doctor after a work place injury. I found he made lite of my situation.I felt worse after seeing him.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

This Doctor refused to consider admission for my depressed and suicidal 26 year old son three years ago at the emergency room of the Moncton Hospital, regardless that I insisted he was a danger to himself and others. He dismissed my concerns and told me my son was manipulating me and needed to go to rehab. Within 24 hours my son was dead of an overdose.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007