Ratings for Dr. Martin A. Kaminker

I saw Dr Kaminker for an issue of oral pathology. Terrible experience and frankly I feel this Dr should be reported to the state board of dentistry. I have been experiencing a problem with my tongue for several months. my tongue was turning orange. According to Kaminker I had imagined the problem when there wasn't anything wrong to begin with and caused the problem myself by repeated rinsing with hydrogen peroxide and brushing my tongue. This false diagnosis from a Dentist pretending to be a psychologist cost me $95 and two weeks of my time. I then saw Dr Lederman who is a REAL oral pathologist and a past president of the American Society for Oral Medicine. He explained that I had a condition in which my taste buds were overgrowing which resulted in buildup and staining of the tongue. What was his recommended course of treatment? Rinsing with hydrogen peroxide and gently brushing my tongue once daily. I don't know how good of a surgeon Kaminker is but as a pathologist he was useless.

Submitted October 29, 2013

Dr. Kaminker is a trustworthy, knowledgeable doctor. He performed my wisdom teeth extraction and I felt completely informed of the procedure and after care. The staff are very friendly and the office is great. I highly recommend. Although he doesn't take insurance, the staff mails your paperwork in for you. But, for a person who does not like the dentist/oral surgeon, he is worth the "wait." If you want to feel confident, go to him!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Dr Kaminker is an excellent oral surgeon, but entirely heartless when it comes to getting paid. Perhaps he's not unique when it comes to that, but I thought he would have more compassion for financially-strapped families. He'll never let you off the hook.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012

He did great with my wisdom teeth! Recovered quick and the process was very easy. Pain was at a minimum.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2011

Excellent Doctor ! Spent an hour with the patient reviewing reports and providing valuable advice. Very knowledgeable and did not suggest / perform any unnecessary procedures. Very reasonable consultation fees. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

He preformed my wisdom tooth surgery with care and concern. I had little pain and was almost 100% better by day 7. Def'ly would recommend Dr. Kaminker.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Broke my jaw in 2 places. Dr. Kaminker saw me within an hour of my admission to the hospital and was incredibly caring and knowledgeable. The only problem I had was that the nurse in the ER left me alone for a few hours, but that wasn't his fault. I followed up in his office and he and his staff were incredibly nice and understanding of my situation.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

Dr. Kaminker is extremely professional, knowledgeable, and personable. He treated me, two of my children, and my elderly mother -- all with the same courtesy and respect. He goes above and beyond, following up with phone calls after treatment. I needed his services for my Mom; I called after-hours expecting a call-back the next morning, (and requested this in my message). Dr. Kaminker called within a half-hour of my initial call, and was able to see my mother the following day. Never have I felt rushed, was encouraged to ask questions. Dr. Kaminker is a fine individual with a passion for his work. Do NOT hesitate to seek his services.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

My nephew was brought into RWJUH after a car accident & needed immediate attention by the on call oral surgeon, Dr. Kaminker. He refused to come into the hospital and was deferring the patient to a plastic surgeon. This boy's mouth was ripped apart by shards of glass & needed the assessment of an oral surgeon. He finally came in only after the repeated insistance of the Father. Kaminker was rough & heartless during the examination & quickly reviewed the xrays and stated that the condition of the boy's teeth was deplorable. He stated his wisdom teeth were impacted and had multiple cavities. He was told by the parents that his wisdom teeth were removed and had check ups every 6 months. Upon mentioning the name of their dentist, whom Kaminker knew personally, he quickly back tracked and asked to see the xrays again. He retracted his previous diagnosis. His entire demoneur changed to the "caring doctor". The only thing deplorable here is Dr. Kaminker's care for a patient in need.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007