Ratings for Dr. Trenton Loewen

Ridiculous how busy this doctor is! Why take on so many patients? His online booking system says he's full for the next 12 months. Last appointment we had with him, I waiting with my feverish child for over 1.5hrs. Should've gone to the walkin. He's a very nice person, when you finally get a face to face.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

So. So. So. so disappointed in this clinic! They refuse to get you in for urgent appt. my 7year old just got from 4 days in the hospital (had surgery to remove her appendix) and I called for an appt to get her staples out in 7-10 days. They told me Dr. Loewen doesn't have any appts and she can see the nurse (who only works a few days a week, AND doesn't fall into that 7-10 day window to have the staples removed). the receptionist told me to call on Monday morning and get on the cancellation list.... she couldn't possibly put me on the cancellation list today (7 days before she needs her staples out) and they WON'T book me an appt with another Dr at the clinic! This is BS! Same thing happened about 2 years ago when my husband needed staples removed (I phone as soon as we arrived home from the hospital- a FULL week in advance). And when my daughter was 3 years old and had a seizure, I tried to get in with out dr a week later and was told NO, he's full! What happened to having emergency spots available for urgent needs? I am not pleased to say the least.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I am so disappointed in how difficult it is to get to see Dr. Loewen. I have torn cartilage in my left knee, chronic pain and bursitis in my right hip, had my right knee replaced 5 years ago and when I phone on July 4 to make an appointment I'm told he isn't taking appointments until August 24th! What's the point of having a family doctor if it takes six week or more to get an appointment?

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

I have been his patient for over 10yrs , I really like him, but I think he is just a little too busy.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

I have had Dr. Loewen as our family physician since 2009 and feel extremely fortunate to have him. It is hard to get an appointment unless you book ahead but this office does have a nurse practioner if it is something that cannot wait. If Dr. Loewen is in the building, he always comes in (between patients) and checks with Roger so he is up to speed and consults if needed. I think this is a wonderful partnership that should work well for most patients. Dr. Loewen is innovative and extremely knowledgeable. When you see him, he never rushes you or tries to get you out the door, he truly cares. Best doctor ever!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

By far the BEST doctor. I've had him for years now and so thankful that he is my regular doctor. He knows what he's doing, he's there to help & a great listener. I don't feel like I am just another patient for him to see, he genuinely cares. Of course getting an appointment with him can be difficult at times but I know the staff do the best they can to accommodate everyone. He's worth the wait!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

He's a great DR great guy always seems to care,Very just hard to ever get an appointment with him - the front desk staff are not at all helpful and when you call in to make an appointment it always feels like you are putting them out?

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

I have had him for almost 4 years now as my family physician. At times I was a difficult patient however, he was amazingly patient with me when I would go off on my tangents. He was always honest with me which is greatly appreciated. When things went ary with me in the summer of 2010 he was able to spot my difficulties and got me help when I needed it. If it wasn't for Dr. Loewen I may not be here today. He is a very caring individual. I would recommend him to anyone but be prepared he is very straight forward and will tell you exactly how it is, however he is also a very good listener.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

The best doctor I've ever had....you can talk to him very comfortably, he is a very compassionate man...I am thankful that he is my family doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Can't really add much to previous comments. Best doctor I've ever had, great team, caring, good listener etc. That waiting 2 weeks for and an appointment is not my choice, but yes he's worth it, and I have gotten emergency appointments the same day. Always asks if I need more meds every time I see him. It's in the computer, so I can't get stuff I'm not needing. No panic because I've forgotten to make and appointment for this purpose and I'm out of my diabetic, blood pressure pills or what ever.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010