Ratings for Dr. Sonia Gaur

You have no idea how long it took me to finally find the right doctor, Dr. Sonia Gaur. I'm 54 years old, have ADHD and it seems like it took forever to find a doctor with the right blend of knowledge, caring and experience for me. She is great! She starts her appiontments on time, and took extra time to work on my core issues during our appointments. I couldn't recommend her any higher. You must go see her.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

I saw Dr. Gaur for over 2 years, while she at times was very helpful I feel she precdiebed me meds that had little or nothing to do with my anxiety. Also she can be very abrupt and dismissive. Also I feel that she put money before my health, she prescribed meds then did not re-fill them knowing they were needed. I had to pay off $300 for missed appointments and gave $100.00 and attempted to make payment arraingments for the rest but she will not and is sending me to collections, she has dismissed me as a patient, not refilled my meds until I find another Dr. and will not return my calls. I feel she has little or no personality, and her bedside manner is no where to be seen. A little more personal care and patient assistance is needed, she is quite cold and abrasive. She is knowlegable and helpful but I found her to be a cold person.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

I have had my share of psychiatrists on and off for the past 9 years. Many of them had prescribed only anti-depressants for my so-called severely depressed diagnosis. I have not felt any better with just the anti-depressants alone b/c I was misdiagnosed by the other doctors. Dr. Gaur was the only doctor who had diagnosed and prescribed correctly. I feel so much better and am able to function "normally" at work and school, and truly enjoy my time with family/friends. She can be quite abrupt and intimidating at times, but still quite tactful and very informative. I highly recommend her...esp. to anyone who has been unsuccessful w/other psychiatrists. Thanks Dr. Gaur...you're a life saver!!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Dr. Gaur has helped both my children (ages 13 and 7) with anxiety related issues. My son missed 5 months of school for OCD and severe separation anxiety, it was a very difficult and challenging time for me as a parent. She helped get him and our family back on track. She is very knowledgeable and very professional and she doesn't waste time. We have been seeing her on and off for over 2 years and I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

Dr. Sonia Gaur's Credentials

• Grant Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1992)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal