Ratings for Dr. Robert Feibel

Following knee replacements( L & R) by Dr. Dervin, it was confirmed that I required both hips replaced. Dr. Dervin recommended Dr. Feibel. Within a short time, I was assessed and surgery on the left hip was completed. Once again I was in hospital for 24 hrs and returned home without pain walking with a cane and without pain. I followed Dr. Feibel’s instructions and required no pain medication as I was free if pain. Physiotherapy sessions helped restore the flexibility which was absent. Although the right hip must be replaced, and Dr. Feibel discussed the next surgery, we agreed to postpone as there was very little pain and discomfort. I expected Dr. Feibel had a waiting list of patients who required their surgery before mine. The time will come soon when I will need the right hip replaced. I will want Dr. Feibel to be the surgeon as I can look forward to a positive outcome. For both Dr. Dervin and Dr. Feibel, the patient’s mental preparation and outlook are part of the formula for successful results. They both have developed what I would call the “Gold Standard” for their respective specialties. Thank you Dr. Feibel.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Two new hips with no complaints. A talented surgeon and a gentleman. Nancy is attentive and helpful also.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

Dr Fienrl and his yesm at the Ottawa general Hospital were spectacular from the time I walked in till the time I left all staff from housekeeping to PSW to RPN the RNs. Interned and Dr Fiebrl himself. Dr Fiebrl leads s very strong team. Highly Recommenf. Jim Whelan

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I was unfortunate to have broken my right fib/Tib in a skiing accident and a few years later my right femur in an auto accident.As a result I was left over an inch shorter on my right side.After 6 years of back pain and hobbling on specialty constructed shoes, I was referred to Dr Feibel.After my consult he decided that an external fixation device would be in order but we opted to go with surgically shortening my left femur to equalize my length. I asked him how many of these procedures he had done of which he responded, you will be my first one. His demeanour and confidence won me over and the procedure was put in motion. The result was no more back issues and no more visits to the shoe guy. Hats off to a great Dr and wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I had my left total hip replacement 3 1/2 years ago and now 2 weeks ago my right hip done. My left is great and I was back playing hockey and already my right hips seems to be recovering faster than my left. Dr. Feibel is great at explaining everything and is very thorough and on top of that makes you feel like he is your friend not just a doctor. My experience with his secretary Nancy has been great when I need info or need a my surgery date to be more accomadating to me she has made it happen. If you get to have Dr. Feibel you will bi in good hands and consider yourself very lucky. June1./2016 Rob Patenaude

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I dislocated my talus in a motorcycle crash and Dr Feibel and his team put me back together with the utmost care. Not quite a year later and it's almost back to 100%. Nothing but good things to say about him. Love the fist bumps too.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I should have come on here earlier-my total hip surgery was 2011. The care, attention and outcome for me were and are 10/10. Can't recommend him high enough. Allowed me to resume my athletic interests in hockey and skiing.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. R. J. Fiebel has replaced both my right hip and left knee and everyday I am thankful for my amazing pain free new joints and renewed lease on life. All the staff I met during and after my surgeries were both helpful, caring and professional. Thank you !

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr Feibel has operated on me twice to replace a total knee and hip and he is truly an excellent surgeon. His staff has always been more than helpful, courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have no comments about Dr Feibel's staff, but I was lucky to find him as my hip surgeon. If you can call breaking your hip fortunate, he was the guy who looked after me. I was in my early 50's and had to go through a break repair and later for a full replacement one the break had healed. Dr F is personable and funny and takes the time to explain things. He is the best. I can't say the same for hovel of a hospital in which he works. The General is pretty dodgy. I had to have the orderly clean someone else's sprayed blood off my phone and had to hobble out to the nurses station on my walker in the middle of the night to get help for my roommate who was suffocating and no one responded to the bell. Dr F is spectacular. My replacement is 10-years old and going strong.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015