Ratings for Dr. Robert Feibel

I was unfortunate to have broken my right fib/Tib in a skiing accident and a few years later my right femur in an auto accident.As a result I was left over an inch shorter on my right side.After 6 years of back pain and hobbling on specialty constructed shoes, I was referred to Dr Feibel.After my consult he decided that an external fixation device would be in order but we opted to go with surgically shortening my left femur to equalize my length. I asked him how many of these procedures he had done of which he responded, you will be my first one. His demeanour and confidence won me over and the procedure was put in motion. The result was no more back issues and no more visits to the shoe guy. Hats off to a great Dr and wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

I had my left total hip replacement 3 1/2 years ago and now 2 weeks ago my right hip done. My left is great and I was back playing hockey and already my right hips seems to be recovering faster than my left. Dr. Feibel is great at explaining everything and is very thorough and on top of that makes you feel like he is your friend not just a doctor. My experience with his secretary Nancy has been great when I need info or need a my surgery date to be more accomadating to me she has made it happen. If you get to have Dr. Feibel you will bi in good hands and consider yourself very lucky. June1./2016 Rob Patenaude

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I dislocated my talus in a motorcycle crash and Dr Feibel and his team put me back together with the utmost care. Not quite a year later and it's almost back to 100%. Nothing but good things to say about him. Love the fist bumps too.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

I should have come on here earlier-my total hip surgery was 2011. The care, attention and outcome for me were and are 10/10. Can't recommend him high enough. Allowed me to resume my athletic interests in hockey and skiing.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr. R. J. Fiebel has replaced both my right hip and left knee and everyday I am thankful for my amazing pain free new joints and renewed lease on life. All the staff I met during and after my surgeries were both helpful, caring and professional. Thank you !

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr Feibel has operated on me twice to replace a total knee and hip and he is truly an excellent surgeon. His staff has always been more than helpful, courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have no comments about Dr Feibel's staff, but I was lucky to find him as my hip surgeon. If you can call breaking your hip fortunate, he was the guy who looked after me. I was in my early 50's and had to go through a break repair and later for a full replacement one the break had healed. Dr F is personable and funny and takes the time to explain things. He is the best. I can't say the same for hovel of a hospital in which he works. The General is pretty dodgy. I had to have the orderly clean someone else's sprayed blood off my phone and had to hobble out to the nurses station on my walker in the middle of the night to get help for my roommate who was suffocating and no one responded to the bell. Dr F is spectacular. My replacement is 10-years old and going strong.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

This Doctor is very good, knowledgable, kind, considerate and very professional, unfortunately his receptionist, Nancy leaves the impression she is more important than the Doctor. She can be friendly but also very curt, self important and her attitude detracts from the service offered by this Doctor. Phoning into his receptionist can be a very intimidating experience which I feel should be corrected.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

I had a hip replacement and the other hip with pins and screws in 1997. I am doing fine with both hips 15 years later. Dr. Feibel is probably one of the top 3 hip surgeons in Canada. He is very funny and I still remember one morning when he had no more voice because of cheering to much at one Senators playoff game :). I would recommend him at 100 % to anyone who need of a hip replacement.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

I severely tore my Achilles' tendon playing softball in late June and a few weeks later, I had surgery at the Ottawa General. Dr. Feibel and his team did a superb job reattaching my tendon and the follow-up appointments were always smooth. He was genuinely interested in hearing how I felt, carefully listened to my concerns and was very kind suggesting tips and tools (wheelchair and bathing chair) to make my life more comfortable during my 12 weeks of recovery. If you are scheduled to have him as your surgeon, you are in great hands. Relax and you'll be 100% soon.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012