Ratings for Dr. Valerie Kaye

Dr. Kaye shows compassion for her patients and is very knowledgable in her field of study. Highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Kaye is extremely knowledgeable and commpassionate. She goes the extra mile whenever possible.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

Dr. Kaye is an extremely knowlegable and empathetic psychiatrist. She is always there for her patients and she is dedicated to her work. I highly reccomend her.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

I attended inpatient at Homewood Health Centre, in the Eating Disorders program, with Dr. Kaye. I didn't find her helpful at all. I was very disappointed when I found out that the psychiatrist from my previous stint there was no longer. Dr. Kaye is not very personable. She falls asleep while talking to her, or even in groups. The first day I was there and meeting with her, she started falling asleep. Some say she has a lazy eye, but I beg to differ. If I ever need treatment again, I wouldn't go back to Homewood, simply because she is the psychiatrist!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

I was assigned to Dr. Kaye through an inpatient Eating Disorders program, at Homewood Health Care Centre in Guelph, Ontario. I found her very pleasant to deal with, very helpful, she is one of the few Psychiatrists who doesn't look down on you. She understands. I found her excellent for guiding me through the program, and I doubt very much that I'd be as far as I am today, without the help, and presence of Dr. Valerie Kaye... Thank You Dr. Kaye.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

I have chronic depression and Dr. Kaye was my psychiatrist for several years while I lived in Vancouver. I was very lucky to be her patient. Her 'couch-side' manner is excellent. Many psychiatrists are either focussed on the medication to the exclusion of other forms of therapy, or vice versa. I found her to be very well balanced in this respect. We worked together to discover the best med combination to control my disease and I have now been stable and participating fully in my life and work for 5 or 6 years. She also spent a significant amount of time working with me to accept that my condition is chronic, discussing cognitive therapy methods and talking through several long-standing issues. If you are able to get an appointment with Valerie, I highly recommend that you jump at the chance. She really cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2007