Ratings for Dr. Irv Gora

wonderful doctor. The staff are very efficient and nice. Dr Gora is very nice man and very helpful and cares about his patient.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I love this doctor! He and all of the staff at the St Lawrence Health Center are incredibly friendly and thorough. He is always very punctual and while he is very caring his approach is also very direct. He has taken great care of my family.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Irving is a top Doc that I have recommended many to over the years. His "interface" style is very direct which is a huge benefit to those who connect with it. He does not suffer fools all that well which I both understand completely but also understand why he may be off-putting to some. I have seen his intuition and engagement triage itself to life-saving surgery so I know he leans in to the solve. You will have to be aware of how he works but also be prepared to conform yourself to take advantage of his strengths. I have been with him for over 24 years and will rue the day he finally retires.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr gora was my doctor up until I was in my late teens . I hated going to him. He makes you feel completely unimportant and rushed you through the appt. I once wrote some questions to ask him on a piece of paper and when I pulled out the paper to ask him he became annoyed and told me to just ask the most important one . Another time my ear was plugged and I went to get it flushed clean by nurse as I had previously done another time . Before sending me to her he started picking in my ear with a sharp tool for 5 minutes causing extreme pain which of course didn't work. The nurse was very surprised he did this . All I can say was going to this doctor all those years was so unpleasant and I couldn't wait to get a new doctor. please don't send your kids to this doctor!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

I have been a patient of Gora's for over 17 years. He is professional, kind, reliable and thorough in his examinations. He also looks after my 83 year father who wouldn't be enjoying life if it wasn't for Gora. I relocated to Victoria B.C. for work and it was hard to have to say goodbye to such a wonderful, dedicated physician. I will miss Dr. Gora.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Ive been with him 20 years, I'm also a complex case. Awesome doctor and cares about patients. He will routinely call me personally to followup on any issues of concern. Great clinician and always able to get referrals to top specialists as he has their respect and has known them for so long. He keeps to his schedule but finds time to talk to you, those that complain on his "bedside manner" ignore that he will always take time for you but also cares about ALL his patients so doesn't want to make others wait 2 hrs behind you (he never rushes, just asks the right questions efficiently, don't confuse his effectiveness with being abrupt, he's not). His effectiveness at getting to the point makes him a good clinician, and he's got a good sense of humour about it too. Nothing but positive, wish all family docs were like him, we'd all be much healthier.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

So glad my husband and I found him years ago, I have lots of problems and he has never let us down, Saint Gora!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gora's for over 15 years. He is very kind, knowledgeable, empathetic and professional. He asks questions, listens carefully and does not hesitate to refer or order tests when necessary. The clinic is extremely busy and that contributes to the "rushed" sort of atmosphere, but Dr. Gora is very thorough and efficient despite this. I am very grateful to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Dr Gora's major concern is "how little he is paid by the government"... and he makes sure his patients know it! He's become very money hungry. He's always rushed... Oh, he doesn't give medical notes... even though you've had >10 surgeries and just got out of the hospital becuz he doesn't like paper work but he'll do it for a good price!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Thank you for such an efficiency and getting down-to-business....this is not a bank...nor production line... I want to be treated by my doctor as human being...

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011