Ratings for Dr. Sarah L. Newton

At the age of 40 after 7 miscarriages we tried one last time. I met Dr. Newton early in a very planned and difficult pregnancy. The first meeting with Dr. Newton I told her "I was truly terrified that we would lose another baby" My fear was overwhelming ... Her answer was "We can do this and it will be fun!" Eight months later we said hello to our baby girl and true to her word we did it together and it was so much fun!!!!!! That little baby girl just turned 17 and is on her way to collage. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Newton and will never forget the gift of our one and only child. Dr. Newton you were my hero 17 years ago and will remain my hero forever! Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

When I found out I was pregnant ... I decided to look for an OB ASAP! Most DR. Are a very caring person and will make you comfortable about everything in your pregnancy... I had so much to find about my pregnancy especially infections on my pregnancy and when I'm going towards the edge all this preterm labor symptoms I'm having seem like she don't even care and I had already have a preterm baby before.... For her as a DR. She's rude not cooperating with you properly... All I hear is do you have any questions for me? Nothing new... Seems like I came there just for a quick visit... Don't even mention to lab reports or my ultrasound.... Thier whole place should just be shut down .... Some staff are very rude n come with an attitude ... Sometimes they need to think first before they say it.... I'm very dissappointed that this DR. Is going to deliver my kid.! I will never ever recommend this doctor... Seem like her nurse Shelly has same attitude as her. She'll be right with you. All they care is to take you in and take you out. Seem like she don't even want to be working... After years of experience of being a dr. Ob/gyn I expected more than this type of dr. That doesn't care... Early or on 2nd trimester I was having this thing that can caught by sexual intercourse or whatever ... She looked at it ... And said it's herpes right away ... Not even having the lab work done yet... And I went somewhere else I got it check and it was a yeast infection!! She didn't even bother trying to give me something or prescript me any prenatal or any cream for the infection... Just directions that's all... As for my experience I will never want to go back when I get pregnant again.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

Front office staff is the only positive in this office. Nurse Shelley is rude and abrupt. Dr Newton is personality minus, seems like she wants to get in and get out. Never volunteers any information about test results or examination findings, just asks if there are any questions. She seems tired and like she doesn't want to be there. I won't be going back and would never recommend this dr!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

I loved Dr. Newton. I was refered by a friend who loves her as well. I was able to make a timley appointment and I was in and out in no time. I was checking on menopause, she was able to answer my questions and was very considerate. I had to have a blood draw and the technician was located in the office, which was very helpful. I did have a problem with having to use the computerized form to complete information b/c it was redundant, but that is life. Overall Good experience.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2012

I have recently started seeing Dr Newton for my regular GYN care. I have had several issues that have come up recently, including a cyst that required surgery. While I did have some unforeseen complications from the surgery, I also felt that Dr Newton was caring and capable. My giant cyst was 11cm, and she was able to remove it laprascopically, and I didn't have to undergo the much move invasive surgery. I will continue to follow up with her for my care. The front desk staff leaves something to be desired, but her nurse (Shelly) is friendly and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Newton for over 10 years. I've noticed over the past two years her quality of service has degraded. For all of my visits to her over the past two years I've had to wait for over 1.5 hours to see her. She was in the office and not on call for an emergency for the times I've had to wait for her for that long giving no real excuse to make patients wait that long. While checking out I had to wait an additional 10 minutes for her to finish a personal conversation with one of her staff regarding their pesky husbands and children. I almost lost my mind with the lack of respect for her patients time. Very rude. After 10 long years of service I've had enough. I'm not going back to her.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

Staff is rude. Asked my wife: "was it planned?". Still fighting with them about the bogus charges and the money they still owe me a year later.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

The staff is not very friendly at this office. As for Dr. Newton...Not very friendly at all. She does say hello but does not come off that she is too concerned. Being that this is my frrst preganancy I would expect for a Dr to present herself on a personal level with the parents. She would be giving birth to my child after all!! The most I have heard from Dr Newton is "do you have any questions"? Sure i do..but this is new to me and I freeze up at that moment and can't think. I would expect for a Dr to make you feel more comfortable. The thing that upsets me the most. The ultra sound tech is only there on Mondays. My boyfriend and I both took time off from work to be at our first ultra sound appt and ofcourse the tech called out sick. I know...this could of happened to anyone and I understand that people get sick but to not have a back up tech is redicoulous!!I went to 2 other places that day just to get the ultra sound done. Unfortanetly I would not refer anyne.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2011

First I have to say that I was recommended by someone that had a baby with her, so maybe she is good for ob, but my experiance was not so good. I waited an hour before I was seen, but they said they had a new system, so ok, but the check in girl with red hair was so rude and sitting back watching realized she really doesn't like anyone that is oriental, she just talks down to them. They need to have someone nice to greet patients, I almost left after talking to her, but thought it wasn't the drs. fault, just bad management. As for Dr. Newton, she was nice, but said everything was ok when I was having constant urination. I called to get my results and was hung up on twice, and then told to leave a message and the nurse will get back to you when she can. The nurse finally got back to me the next day and said my white cell count was up and they could do an ultrasound in 2 wks. I ended up in the er, had to take antibiotics for a bad infection. It was a bad experiance and felt blown off!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

Good and bad experience/ First off Sarah Newton was wonderful and made me feel comfortable she answered all questions, after that appointment I was going to have a laps in insurance for a few months, she got me in the same day to get a pap and blood! In between appts. That was very nice of her to do considering I didnt have to pay twice also. The office staff was nice except for one young girl with blonde hair collecting the payments looked at me and asked me if my pregnancy was planned!Im 22 and married was that any of her business If my husband and I planned it. What if it wasn't(It was) that could have really made a person in a situation upset.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Dr. Sarah L. Newton's Credentials

• German

• University Of Nevada School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Oxford