Ratings for Dr. Allison Alcalay

Dr. Alcalay has been our primary physician for several years caring for 2 seniors and 1 elderly patient. Dr. Alcalay is direct and informative, providing useful explanations for diagnosis and treatment. She will not just tell us what we want to hear. She has been responsive when we challenge treatment options, if we provide information or data she can verify. Dr. Alcalay respects our attitude about being responsible and knowledgeable about our own health issues. We respect and have remained with her mostly due to the level of usefull communication, even when we have different opinions. On the down side, she does not hide her opinion of some of our input and this can challenge our confidence. What makes it work for us is that Dr. Alcalay continues to work with us to maintain or improve our health. We do recommend Dr. Alcalay to those who are responsible for their own lifestyle and health. Not recommended If you want a Dr. Kildare stereotype.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I found Dr. Alcalay to be rigid,judgmental and a poor communicator. She appears unable to consider information that doesn't agree with her preconceived notions. She is not open to the possibility that she might be mistaken.I would not recommend her to a friend.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Dr alcalay has been fabulous. I feel like she really cares about my well-being and is always very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

I agree with the other patient. What a terrible,terrible, terrible doctor. Did not listen, has an attitude problem and I fear that someone will probably loose their life at the hands of this doctor. She refusses to listen, is condesending,rude and refused to give me a pap smear even after explaining to her that I had no tests in five years because I had lost my healtcare insurance. I had horrific menopause symptoms and a family history of gynocological problems.Her nurse set up all the instruments for the examination however, she wanted to push antidepressants.I left without a pap smear or breast exam after intaking information for 30 mins.Incredibly arrogant and should turn in her license before she kills someone. I left her office crying and feeling humiliated by her. Please avoid her like the plagueWhat a piece of work!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

I felt like she just wanted to get me out of her office as fast as possible. She had a tone like she really didn't believe what I was saying and I did not feel like I was being heard. I've leave the office mad at myself for not pushing harder but have since decided to change my doctor. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's her - either way I'm not happy.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Dr. Allison Alcalay's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Top Hospitals in Davis, CA