Ratings for Dr. Catherine Vanderheuvel

I actually left her practice due to bad medicine. She never knew who I was and didn't bother to look at my medical history. When I told her of a family member being diagnosed with diabetes, she gave me a blood test (and I told her I had eaten breakfast an hour before). When I got my results, they came back as being positive for diabetes! Of course they will be, I just ate! To me that is bad medicine. Also, the tests she took never gave the ranges so I didn't know what my numbers ever were. Her staff did not follow up with me about a referral being denied, when all it would have taken was a simple phone call (they usually are more concerned about what to order for lunch).

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

I got a series of blood tests and they came out inaccurate. It turns out that I did have an endocrinological problem ,but she did not think I did. It turns out she was wrong. She would not refer me to a dematologist or an endocrinologist,who was the one who accurately diagnosed me. Her staff was snide and unhelpful. She was also rude to me about my weught, at least have some class and if you do't know something , don't jump to conclusions, do further research or consult a specialist. another doctor who wants to cut corners, if you have an HMO. She also left me a nasty message when I called to explain my concerns. Very dissappointing.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2008

I'v generally been disappointed with my care with her. She had NO idea who i was half the time and when i was getting a vaccination series she kept asking me if it was time for another shot! Whose the doctor here? Just not on the ball enough for me.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2006

Continually nagged me about my weight. I understand it is an issue, but she blamed my high blood pressure on my weight when it was actually caused by my taking Effexor -- and she pressured me into take a blood test for which insurance would not pay (I had already been laid off and was on COBRA), causing me all sorts of problems. Once another doctor switched me from Effexor to something else, my pressure dropped from 145/95 to about 110/66. (BTW, when it comes to weight, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.)

flag | Submitted May 29, 2005