Ratings for Dr. Allan Kaban

Dr. Kaban is kind, compassionate and the best doctor I have ever had. He is respectful and is real (he does not act as though he is above you, as doctors so often do). He remembers prior conversations and questions I have had, and I only see him every few months or more. I am grateful he is my doctor!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

A good doctor who takes his time with you which also means that he usually is running late. I often take his first appointment of the day and he's late because he does his hospital rounds in the morning. Generally he is helpful and knowledgeable, and on the one occasion where he had trouble, he was more than willing to pursue my concerns with follow-up tests that I requested. One thing though, make sure to do your homework on anyone he refers you to, I have had two bad experiences. He will refer you to the specialist you request.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

A good dotor who always tries his best to help me for whatever is my problem. He alway tries to tell me how to help myself with out all big medical words.I do say i've had a luckey day if I get him for a walk in clinic doctor,sure he is rush and busy,would you be with all the people he see's in one day. All Iknow is if he left the clinic I would surely miss him as my regular doctor.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Allan Kaban never gives me a straight answer to any of my concerns. He skirts the issues or changes the subject. I have serious health problems but Kaban is incompetent and obtuse to the degree of being laughable. I don't know how he ever qualified for a licence to practice medicine. He acts like a buffoon. I believe he is actually harming me and probably others as well. I deserve better health care! Do people not question doctors like him? Kaban is very argumentative and stubbornly stands his ground even when wrong. I think that he is emotionally unstable. It's time to move-on doc.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I was initially reluctant to engage Dr. Kaban as my personal physician because he appeared to be kind of a dimwitted bumpkin. I was getting desperate and needed to find a permanent physician to address the growing number of ailments I was accumulating due to my increasing age (61) and deteriorating health. My instincts were correct; I should have steered clear of Kaban. In my opinion he is not a good Dr., is less than thorough and lacks knowledge and skill. He is always behind, keeps you waiting and would rather waste time gossiping and joking. His comments are often inane and off-the-cuff. HE DOES NOT LISTEN! I complained of feeling dizzy and losing my balance; he said, we’ll get you some dizzy-pills. I’ve been complaining to him about this for the past 2 yrs. I finally asked him for a referral to a neurologist. HE should have been the one to refer me instead of me asking for one. I insisted and Kaban said sarcastically, you’re not in a wheelchair. HE DOESN’T CARE! POOR ATTITUDE!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Great doctor spends lots of time with you which usually makes your appt late though

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

I dropped into a walk in clinic to get a serious sore throat checked which has been bothering me for 6 weeks-not a normal sore throat! A doctor at this clinic 2 week prior said it was a viral thing and it would probably go away so I toughed it out, but it is getting worse so went to the walk in clinic with a sore throat and a splitting headache and got brushed off by Dr Allan Kaban; and only when I expressed my disappointment with his lack listening or constructive solution did he give me a referral to a throat specialist, but it was a tense encounter no person hurting person should experience. His advice was to see my new doctor in the next week? Since my doctor at this clinic has left I am seriously considering the same!Even the doctor 2 weeks ago (Dr. Montgomery)seemed to quickly guess that it was a viral thing and left it at that? Credibility of the work at the Medical Arts Center does not seem worthwhile!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2012

I have see this doctor many times (not by choice!) I go to the walk in doctor because of the hours that I work. Whenever I hear his name I cringe. I should have left today when I knew it was him there. After being very sick for 5 weeks and being told by another doctor that I have bronchitis, and if the antibiotics don't work in 4 days come back, dr.kaban told me I have a little bug that everyone else in the town has, as well he said the medication the other doctor gave me won't help at all... (But he says I should keep taking them!?) then doctor kaban literally pushed me out of his office. if I ever gonzo the walk in again and he's there I will leave. I always leave his office angry. He is a horrible doctor and a waste of time.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2012

This Dr was a stand in for my reg Dr. Went for a prescription renewal of a medication I have been using for the past 6+ yrs. I came straight from work to this appt so my clothing was a little untidy. This Dr directly said I was a "druggy" to my face, and that he "knows what people like you (me) do with these pills" and would not renew my prescription which I need as I have just 2 days supply left. I am a hard working family man, who happens to have health issues. This Dr judges people by their dress & appearance. Come on we don't all work in a shiny clean workplace..Some actually WORK for a living!! Would be nice if this Dr would do his job and care for his patients. My health records show I NEED this medication. Try reading my Health history / Med records! VERY disappointed and disgusted in how I was treated today. This Dr doesn't deserve his pay for my visit today. Waste of medical systems time and my time. **Do NOT recommend**

flag | Submitted May 28, 2012

Dr. Kaban saw me as a 'rapid access' patient and although he did not know my history prior to me walking into his office, he handled the situation well and was extremely helpful in getting me to a specialist within one day. He went the extra mile!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2012