Ratings for Dr. Alma I. Murphy

Failed to correctly diagnose my problem which led to further complications

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have been her patient for decades. The best way to interact with her is to speak up and not be a nebbish. She's very respectful once she recognizes that you're intelligent. Dr. Murphy has outstanding credentials and has given me excellent care. I don't go there to see a fancy office. Her staff is mature and competent.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Took my mom to meet her. She was recommended by her Doctor for cataract surgery. Her staff was super nice and she was on time for our appointment. Dr. Murphy seemed lovely, had impressive schooling and seemed very confident in her abilities. What we were taken aback was how run down the place seemed. Carpeting 20 yrs old ??, hard wooden chairs to sit in, decorated like my grandmothers house. The one thing that really made an impression on us was the temperature of the building. This was winter and even in my jacket, I was still cold. When we complained to the Doctor, she offered us her own jacket to wear. Very awkward and weird. We decided to look elsewhere and find a doctor who takes some pride in the office they practice in and is more concerned about the patient and not the electric bill.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I went to see her because I felt something in my eye, when she looked into my eye she said " there is nothing there it's stress" Well a few days later I had to go to emergency because the vision in that eye got very blurred. It turned out I had an abrasion on my cornea. No I would not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Murphy is extremely impatient. She does not appreciate anyone that likes to ask questions. You are to just listen.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

It was great meeting Dr. Murphy and her staff. Both were real nice and friendly. She was able to help me out with my dry eye problem and took her time to explain the condition and treatment. I will highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr Murphy appears to be very friendly until you start questioning her on her accuracy. Then she will become very defensive and end the conversation for that subject. She becomes extremely impatient when her treatment is called into question.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Excellent, great eye doctor,Great staff and assistants , easy location

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

My experience with Dr. Murphy was very pleasant and professional. She took time to explain the problems and remedies. I had cataracts in both eyes. The lenses were replaced with multi-focal ones. I am extremely happy with the outcome. The staff was courteous, helpful and professional.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Murphy and would never return. The staff member had conducted a number of "tests" when a woman came in, ignored me completely, spoke to the staff member, looked at my eyes for a split second and then left the quickly left the room. I was left sitting in the exam room. A few minutes later the staff member returned and said my appointment was completed. When I asked about Dr. Murphy, I was told she was the woman who had raced in and back out again and never spoke to me! Needless to say I would never return and have made it a point NOT to recommend her to others due to the experience I had in her office.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

Dr. Alma I. Murphy's Credentials

• Harvey Medical College (Grad. 1979)