Ratings for Dr. Alma I. Murphy

Have just completed a cataract surgery that was such an easy, painless process. This surgeon is highly rated by the surgical staff...in fact, they shared that other surgeons will schedule 20 to 25 surges a day. She limits herself to 10 in order to stay focused and sharper for each patient. That is the kind of statement said by nurses that gets this retired medical social worker’s attention. She utilizes a surgical center that had experienced, supportive nurses who went out of their way to provide a calm, positive experience. This experience could not have been better!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

My parents were both patients of Dr. Murphy and spoke very highly of her training and skill so when I developed cataracts I made an appointment with her to evaluate my condition. The examination was very thorough and Dr. Murphy took plenty of time to discuss all of the treatment options available and the various pros and cons associated with them. The costs of all the options were also presented and there was absolutely no pressure to advocate for one of the higher cost options. Dr. Murphy performed cataract surgery with IOL implants on both of my eyes and the surgeries were quick and painless. I have worn glasses since childhood due to nearsightedness but am now able to both read and see at distances without glasses. I highly recommend Dr. Murphy – she is a skilled surgeon but is also committed to pre-op and post-op care designed to to ensure a successful outcome and a satisfied patient. Bob H, Tucson

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Doctor Murphy performed cataracts surgery on my eyes (both) with great success. I ended up with a 20/20 vision and driving without wearing glasses. I am fully satisfied with her services and recommend anyone having eye's problem. Thank you doctor Murphy. Michel

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Love my vision after cataract surgery. Surgery was a breeze. Staff is very nice

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Failed to correctly diagnose my problem which led to further complications

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I have been her patient for decades. The best way to interact with her is to speak up and not be a nebbish. She's very respectful once she recognizes that you're intelligent. Dr. Murphy has outstanding credentials and has given me excellent care. I don't go there to see a fancy office. Her staff is mature and competent.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Took my mom to meet her. She was recommended by her Doctor for cataract surgery. Her staff was super nice and she was on time for our appointment. Dr. Murphy seemed lovely, had impressive schooling and seemed very confident in her abilities. What we were taken aback was how run down the place seemed. Carpeting 20 yrs old ??, hard wooden chairs to sit in, decorated like my grandmothers house. The one thing that really made an impression on us was the temperature of the building. This was winter and even in my jacket, I was still cold. When we complained to the Doctor, she offered us her own jacket to wear. Very awkward and weird. We decided to look elsewhere and find a doctor who takes some pride in the office they practice in and is more concerned about the patient and not the electric bill.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I went to see her because I felt something in my eye, when she looked into my eye she said " there is nothing there it's stress" Well a few days later I had to go to emergency because the vision in that eye got very blurred. It turned out I had an abrasion on my cornea. No I would not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Murphy is extremely impatient. She does not appreciate anyone that likes to ask questions. You are to just listen.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

It was great meeting Dr. Murphy and her staff. Both were real nice and friendly. She was able to help me out with my dry eye problem and took her time to explain the condition and treatment. I will highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Dr. Alma I. Murphy's Credentials

• Harvey Medical College (Grad. 1979)