Ratings for Dr. Phillip Sych

Was my family doctor until adulthood. Thought he was very nice but unfortunately he diagnosed me with asthma instead of allergy to ciggarettes with two pack a day smokers for parents. I survived but me earliest childhood memories are from getting oxygen and having my back beat on like a drum while in and out of the hospital with lung failure. Luckily my adoptive mother got pregnant after my adoption (misdiagnosed infertility) and quit smoking for her own baby or I might not be able to write this review. Oh and when I asked for a bisecting he refused. Not impressed and very hurt.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2019

Sr Sych is a caring physician that does not hesitate to make a referral to a specialist when needed. I have been a patient for around 15 years and received excellent care during that time. He is punctual, helpful and a good doctor. I'm distressed that he is closing his practice in November 2010 to retire.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

I have never had such a weird experience with any other doctor. His bedside manner is atrocious. He keeps his eyes closed while he talks to you - gave me the creeps! I was just in to see him and I asked him quite calmly if there was a need to do an ultrasound and he flipped out! In a very mad tone he told me he could see I wasn't going to be happy until I got the test; that it was under extreme duress that he'd authorize the test, but he was extremely against it. I was baffled be his sudden and extreme outburst. It was very unsettling! His retirement couldn't come soon enough!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

I've been with Dr. Sych since I was little. I found him to be knowledgable and asks you a 1000 questions when you are visiting to properly diagnose his patients.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

I've been seeing doctor Sych for years and cannot express in enough words how poor the service has been. Many misdiagnosis over the years and doesn't seem to really care about your problems. I've been very close to filing a complaint about him for lack of professionalism on more then one occassion. The only positives are he is retiring soon and you can get an appointment anytime since he doesn't have enough patients to fill his day. (presumably due to very poor service) His wife who is in the same office is very good!!!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

very professional but able to talk to you about anything

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

Poor bedside manner. This doctor kind of gave me the creeps.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008

Absolutely the best doctor that I have ever had. Takes the extra time to explain things to the patient and is very thorough. Excellent, excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

Willing to explain everything to you, always very professional and helpful. Never in a hurry or a rush to get on to the next patient, Kind and friendly.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Sych for close to 20 years now and have nothing but good things to say about him. My only regret is he will be retiring soon.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007